valences...(89-93)

Dark Ride

I believe this is the same thread from "a few months ago."

I think I'd be more interested in a good used one that a new replica that would cost more than what the car is worth.

I believe this is the same thread from "a few months ago."

I think I'd be more interested in a good used one that a new replica that would cost more than what the car is worth.

Slick joined the threads together and got rid of his.

My lower valence is pretty beat up (but still alive), but there is no way I'd shell out $200-300 for one (which is consistent with the general mindset, I guess...), yeah, it would be nice to replace it... but is it really worth it?

Of course it's worth it, without the valance the transmission will blow up.

Really?

Does this affect the 1994-96's or just the 1989-1993 coupes??

My lower valence is pretty beat up (but still alive), but there is no way I'd shell out $200-300 for one (which is consistent with the general mindset, I guess...), yeah, it would be nice to replace it... but is it really worth it?

Of course it's worth it, without the valance the transmission will blow up.

Really?

Does this affect the 1994-96's or just the 1989-1993 coupes??

I dont think your were here long enough, but no its just a joke. Any w car can survive with out a valance. Cutty's never came with them and they still work. I drove valanceless for months and it did nothing.

If I ever find a decent one Im going to make a fiberglass mold of it. Problem solved! Endless strong valences!

How would you go about making a fiberglass mold and casting a piece? I need (and have one to copy) the lower piece for my pace car coupe bumper. I've done some plastic molding so I have some idea but it's too big to mold with silicone rubber. A fiberglass copy would work fine for me.

FibreGlass might be a little to regid for a driver car. Winds on the interstate, carbs/speed bumps... The best bet is going to be a plastic, or some other polymer. It needs flexibilty because its so low to the ground.

I should have mentioned, my PC is a Cutlass. Flexible would be better. I was thinking that fibergalss might work for such a skinny part. Maybe a fiberglass mold then cast with plastic?

sorry for the derail!

Well... talked with my buddy today. He knows how to make molds, made some for the F1 car in college. He also knows how to lay carbon fiber, if anyone would be interested in that route. Otherwise, I can do a pretty good job with fiberglass, or else I could make one with polyurethane.