Best LQ1 Muffler?

oldscsc

I've been thinking about putting some new mufflers on my CSC, I just don't know which. I've only seen one or two videos so give me some recommendations if you've got any. Videos will be helpful too. I've seen one video I like, it was of a 3.1 with Flowmaster 40 series, sounded real nice. Suggestions?

you do not need a 3" exhaust. period.

flowmaster 40 or 50 series, regular or delta flows all will sound good. so will magnaflows, or dynomax super turbos. some are louder than others so be sure to do your homework and get what you want the first time.

no matter what though, get a good resonator to go between the cat and mufflers.

my setup is pretty good! i have a high flow cat (stock cat is pretty good but wanted to replace anyway) right after the cat i have a Magnaflow muffler about 16" long unit... from there i have a glasspack resonator where the stock secondary res would have been right next to the fuel tank and then have a Y with a flow diverter to balance flow and then the dual tips.

it sounds very deep and not raspy at all.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/Z34Phoenix/?action=view&current=MVI_2622.flv

here is the car at the track for an idea of all out sound

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/Z34Phoenix/?action=view&current=MVI_2022.flv

Well I'd really like 'er to sound hot, I know that's pretty tough with an LQ1 though. How do you guys think an LQ1 would sound with this setup (no cat to flowmaster 40 series delta flow,to a camaro tip), this 3.1 sounds bad a$$.

Well I'd really like 'er to sound hot, I know that's pretty tough with an LQ1 though. How do you guys think an LQ1 would sound with this setup (no cat to flowmaster 40 series delta flow,to a camaro tip), this 3.1 sounds bad a$$.

WOW....I might have to get that for the GP

White93z34 has my old Z34's exhaust on his current car, sounds amazing. I think I may have a video clip on my home computer of my car running down the track with it on. If not, I'll try to get a video clip this weekend when he is in town.

Wow that almost sounded V8-like in the lower RPMs :eek: Thats awesome!

My old GP with the 2.8/5-spd sounded great in the higher rpms (3-5k) with a stock cat and extremely rotted stock mufflers. :lol: Too raspy at lower RPMs though.

2.5" pipe from the down pipe to the Y-pipe

2.25" pipe from the y-pipe to the tips

Walker cat

18" Vibrant performance Resonator

2 Magnaflow mufflers (dunno what model)

th_CIMG4225.jpg

That video kinda sucks, I should go out and make another one...

Jamie

Magnaflows with a 18" res to back it up. Sounds amazing. Jamie's GTP has this setup, sounds exotic almost.

What model of Magnaflows?

Both videos posted here sound good but I'm looking for the American Muscle sound...or as much as I can get...I know it's a V6, and a raspy LQ1 on top of that but I'll try...sometime :twisted:

The 18" res will kill the rasp. I couldn't stand the popping sound at around 2500 RPM that I had with the 12" res. Went up to the 18" res and it was gone.

FWIW, the body on the Vibrant 12" resonator MIGHT be 8 inches long, the pipe at each end is at least 2 to 2.5" long. Go up to the 18" resonator and the pipe on the end is shorter, making the body take up more of the 18". As far as I know Vibrant is one of the only companies that measures their resonators from end to end, most companies advertise the "body" length.

Jamie

Whos car is that? That is freaking sweet sounding.

Whos car is that? That is freaking sweet sounding.

Just found it on youtube prob. six months back and I have been trying to duplicate it with the LQ1.

call me stupid but when your talkin about resonators do you mean glass packs? are they one in the same or is there a difference. tryin to fit my cs vert with something and i like that z34 setup.

call me stupid but when your talkin about resonators do you mean glass packs? are they one in the same or is there a difference. tryin to fit my cs vert with something and i like that z34 setup.

they are different. some people try to use glasspacks as resonators but they do not do nearly as well as a true resonator.

vibrant makes a true resonator, you can get them on Ebay and a few select websites.

they are different. some people try to use glasspacks as resonators but they do not do nearly as well as a true resonator.

ok now i seen cherrybomb selling some glass packs that would fit do you think that might sound decent with some oem mufflers or should i go with a res. and some flowmaters or something.