New steering wheel for the Gutlass

NOHC_WBody

I like the factory non-radio wheel, in leather. Not the cheap body color one, but the nice graphite leather one. I have the steering wheel controls in my Cutlass now, but I have an aftermarket deck, so they're worthless. I should swap wheels, I have my nice leather one in the prix right now... What did you use for the pontiac spear, a sticker? Or did you find something to fit in there? Looks nice either way. I have a Lumina wheel like that, in light grey, don't know what to do with it, maybe stick it in our versatile tractor. They use GM steering columns, it would be the ultimate 4x4 Lumina.

Hmmm, the climate control part of my steering wheel with controls still works with an aftermarket stereo - not the radio part, but the climate control part, so it's not totally useless.

Anyway, I HATE the 94's steering wheel that's pregnant with an airbag.

It was obviously not designed to fit well with the 88-94 style interior. On my 89, I can feel the AC because it blows through the steering wheel, but on the 94, the boated wheel blocks the vents completely. Only time I get any cool air is if I turn the wheel. Very annoying when I'm sweating at a light on a 100-degree summer day. Stupid airbag wheel and cheap GM engineers.

What did you use for the pontiac spear, a sticker? Or did you find something to fit in there? Looks nice either way.

I took the insert out, and saturated the backside of it with Jet De-Solv(basically CA debonder...think acetone on crack) and rubbed it with an old toothbrush til' it was clear again, and had a rocket cut out of vinyl, and painted black (with Pactra Lexan paint) over the backside. I let it dry, and reinstalled it.

To replace the non functional ac/radio controls on the skinny as an Ethiopian on the Subway diet stocker wheel.

426513_3415638692876723870_v.jpg

That's really not bad looking, I just have to get used to it. I was planning on doing something like that, seeing how it matches the column perfectly, but I might end up going with one from an older bonneville for the sake of retaining the steering controls

Nice! I like mine, though the center button could be smaller. I had to refurbish the center plate since it had silver bleeding through from the backside. Then I dyed it black. Was grey like the horn button.

Likewise... I've got an "ewwwww Lumina wheel" and I think it's quite attractive looking.

It's not the most comfortable thing ever... but it suits the interior quite appropriately.

98 Z34 wheel... *drools* now that thing kicked ass... little bumps at 10 and 2.