Swapping out factory tape deck for factory cd player

Robby1870

Okay, this is for my sister's 95 Monte. It had the regular tape deck, she wanted a CD player, so I found a factory cd player from a 97 Monte on Ebay for her, and it came today. Here's what I think. The power harness and speaker/light harness that she currently has in the car will simply plug into the cd player, and the antenna hook up will do the same. Am I right in assuming that??

Robby

Alright, thats good to know. Now, what about the teft-lock thing? Do we need to disable it, we dont know if it was activated before we got it, or ever how to activate it now. Any help with this is apprecitated

Robby

Is there anyway I can do it myself?? I dont like paying people for anything, although the guys at the dealer do know me pretty good now.

Oh, I forgot I had a 12V power adapter. I'll try it out tonight in the house.............Oh, wait, I need a wiring diagram for that. Anyone know which wires/pins are the power and ground?

Robby