Rear brake light prob.

Lee

My left signal got touchy about a week ago. Figure it's the switch. To add to the problem I found that the left side brake lights aren't working either.

The Regal has two lights per side for brake and signal, the rest are parking lights. One bulb is burnt out for brake/signal(gotta buy one). The other bulb works for signal.

Anyway, I played mix match with bulbs from both sides and there just plain isn't brake juice for the left side two lights. The signal will work in either of the two sockets.

I spliced into the right side and the light I did it to worked but I got a dim right turn signal feedback to it when the right signal was on so that didn't work.

Then I spliced it to the third brake light and the left signal still worked like normal but the brake light only lit up as bright as the parking lights....So at night it just looks like a parking light.

So since the horn button is epoxy'd on and I wanted to just do a quick easy fix....any ideas.

I need to get a full brake light to the left side without signal feedback from the right side.

Thanks to anyone who reads and considers it.

Could a bad flasher be the problem? I know that when the blinker is turned on the light (same light and brightness) flashes instead of a solid "on" brake light.

Do ya think maybe, huh huh?? :?

Shawn,

Any thoughts about why these fixes didn't work.

>>>I spliced into the right side and the light I did it to worked but I got a dim right turn signal feedback to it when the right signal was on so that didn't work.

Then I spliced it to the third brake light and the left signal still worked like normal but the brake light only lit up as bright as the parking lights....So at night it just looks like a parking light. <<<

Maybe if I splice into the right side brake wire further away from the bulb? The one I used was only two inches from the bulb. Previous owner trailer splice I assume.

I'm not really understanding what you were trying to accomplish.

I don't know what you mean by "dim right turn signal feedback"??

I guess I'm just not really clear on what you're splicing into, and what you're splicing into it.

not ready to destroy the horn button housing yet. I got the sport leather wheel off ebay and three of the four tabs for the horn button were broken off. I epoxy'd it on. I break it off wrong and I got one ugly wheel.