cutlass supreme oil pressure

RYAN

every time that I accelerate the oil pressure goes down as the rpm goes up. sometimes it even reaches low, but when I idle it stays at the half-way mark. is this normal??? (I do not think it is but I could be wrong). should I take my car to a mechanic or should I ignore it???

And one other thing...how do you clean out a cd player??? mine is so dirty that it will not even play a cd while the car is in motion. thanks in advance.

-Ryan-

And one other thing...how do you clean out a cd player??? mine is so dirty that it will not even play a cd while the car is in motion. thanks in advance. -Ryan-

pressurized air in a can.....cmon u should know better! the stuff u use to commonly clean keyboards and 80 thousand other uses and should be a good one for ur cd prob :D

That's right. My oil pressure gauge sits in the middle at idle and raises slightly when accelerating. It shouldn't be opposite. I think you have a bad sensor or a connection that's reversed.

no the pressure should go up when accelerating and they have cd's with brushes on them to clean the laser eye wal-mart, target, ect.

every time that I accelerate the oil pressure goes down as the rpm goes up. sometimes it even reaches low, but when I idle it stays at the half-way mark. is this normal??? (I do not think it is but I could be wrong). should I take my car to a mechanic or should I ignore it???

And one other thing...how do you clean out a cd player??? mine is so dirty that it will not even play a cd while the car is in motion. thanks in advance.

-Ryan-

The Oil Pressure Sending (OPS) unit could be on it's last leg.

I had that go out on my Cutlass DOHC. Every time I was on the throttle the oil pressure would spike to 80psi.

Also, what weight of oil are you running? Thicker oils will give you a flux on the gauge.

As for the CD player, compressed air is good, but I've had really good luck with a cleaner CD.

Maxell makes one and it has small brushes to clean the lens while it's rotating inside.

Any stereo retail shop or even Radio Shack would such an item.

Best of luck on both; welcome to the board!!!

- Erik

-Ryan-

The Oil Pressure Sending (OPS) unit could be on it's last leg.

I had that go out on my Cutlass DOHC. Every time I was on the throttle the oil pressure would spike to 80psi.

Also, what weight of oil are you running? Thicker oils will give you a flux on the gauge.

- Erik

The oil that I am using is sae10w30 which is what the manual said was okay. it should be sae5w30 but I could not find any. can any local shop fix this problem??? I know that I can't because I am not very good with cars, so I am going to take it to a shop. And also, is it expensive???

I am not new here either...just changed my username. You might remeber me with asking about the four door body kit for a '91 cutlass supreme.

thanks for the help.

The oil that I am using is sae10w30 which is what the manual said was okay. it should be sae5w30 but I could not find any. can any local shop fix this problem??? I know that I can't because I am not very good with cars, so I am going to take it to a shop. And also, is it expensive???

Well, can you change your own oil?

If so, the OPS is right next the oil flter.

The OPS screws into the filter baseplate; and plug into a wiring harness.

I say don't spend money on project you can do at home!

But it's your call; if you uncomfortable working on your vehicle, let someone do it.

- Erik