Calibrating Rear View Mirror

BXX

Well, i got a new mirror installed in my CS. Its a photochromatic one from a Olds LSS.. I think 98 to be exact..

Well, it seems to work fine, except it will not display EAST at all... It seems to think West is West and East is West :willynilly: :lol:

North and South seem to work alright, but not always...

How the hell do I get this calibrated???

There is usually a button you press (with a pen or something small and pointy) and hold it until it comes to numbers..The correct number is 9. Then set it to that number and drive in a circle a few times.

There is usually a button you press (with a pen or something small and pointy) and hold it until it comes to numbers..The correct number is 9. Then set it to that number and drive in a circle a few times.

Ahh, on the back or front side...

Well, nevermind, i will go out for a smoke and look at it...

I think it is on the bottom...Depends on the mirror.

Yup, its on the bottom... A pen wont go far enough in to push it, so I will need something longer and thinner.. The autodimming works great though!! Im thinking about doing a driver side mirror swap also.. My CS is turning into the bastard child of GM technology and options :lol:

Bad thing is, no interior lights!!! :willynilly: I wish I had a rear view that also had the fricken map lights... Without the stock mirror connected, I have no interior lights (courtesy lights that is)

To Calibrate the mirror, you need to make sure the variance is set properly. (the number that Manic told you about) Once that is set, press the button in again, and this time hold it in until the letter C appears, then drive it around in a circle 3 times and it will be set.

Also, Do you have a sunroof? I know when I put in my auto dimming mirror in my cutlass, I ended up pulling a charcoal gray dome light from a GP STE. There is a mounting braket on the sunroof, and all it took was a hole in the headliner. Then I just ran the wires that went to the maplights on the previous mirror, and hooked it up to the dome light and voila. actually, there might also be a mounting bracket already on the roof under the headliner.

100_3296.jpg

This is the only pic I have, but it gives you an idea of what I did.

Use a paper clip.

What mirror will you be using on the driver's side?

Im not sure yet...

I have no sunroof.... yet. That may be in the works. But I know I kinda want a overhead console...