maybe swiching to a factory bose set up! got a few questions!

ZacksZ34

Okay i found a white z34 in a guys garage and hes not doing anything with it!!! He siad he would take 500 for it and its got a few things i really want like the sunroof and the best of all the bose stereo minus the head unit! And i wanna put the bose setup in my car once i buy it and i was wondering how hard it would be to wire up the door speakers?????

Not worth the Effort IMO. The Regular GM setup sounds just as good, if not better then the blows that they had in the lumina's. I suppose that you could just wire up the speakers directly to a non Bose HU, however some of the bose factory systems have funky impedance ratings and that could throw a wrench into things. If you really want to do this, then by all means go right ahead. I just think that you are going to be disapointed with the end result.

Also, if that is a factory sunroof, then it is the same as the sunroof from any other 1st gen W, and you should be able to pick one of those up cheap, if you really want to go through the effort of adapting your car to the sunroof, which generally involves cutting out the roof of your car and the donor car, then grafting the donor roof onto your car. Not an easy job by any means and could also be quite expensive.

The other option could also be, if the car is in decent shape, and runs good, then you could always drive that one instead, that way you have a z34 with Bose and a sunroof.

Not worth the Effort IMO. The Regular GM setup sounds just as good, if not better then the blows that they had in the lumina's. I suppose that you could just wire up the speakers directly to a non Bose HU, however some of the bose factory systems have funky impedance ratings and that could throw a wrench into things. If you really want to do this, then by all means go right ahead. I just think that you are going to be disapointed with the end result.

Also, if that is a factory sunroof, then it is the same as the sunroof from any other 1st gen W, and you should be able to pick one of those up cheap, if you really want to go through the effort of adapting your car to the sunroof, which generally involves cutting out the roof of your car and the donor car, then grafting the donor roof onto your car. Not an easy job by any means and could also be quite expensive.

The other option could also be, if the car is in decent shape, and runs good, then you could always drive that one instead, that way you have a z34 with Bose and a sunroof.

its needs alot of body work and a tranny well if the bose system is that bad ill just use the door speaker housing and just do aftermarket speakers

Do it. Don't listen to the naysayers. The Bose system sounds perfecly fine when everything is in working order.

well all the speakers are good and everything is there except the bose headunit

You WILL fry almost any headunit with the bose speakers. they are 1ohm and meant to be run my the bose amp.

the only worthwhile piece of the bose system is the door panels, get those, and wire up some door speakers that are not bose

You WILL fry almost any headunit with the bose speakers. they are 1ohm and meant to be run my the bose amp.

the only worthwhile piece of the bose system is the door panels, get those, and wire up some door speakers that are not bose

would i be able to run an after market headunit cause the other z34 still has its bose amp to

yeah, if you have a whole lota patience you could rip the entire bose harness outa the donar car, it is huge, goes from the back deck to the dash. but in the end you would have a subpar BLOWSE setup.

bose 1ohm speakers, WILL toast almost any headunit you throw at them.

making a aftermarket HU work with the bose equipment is a pain in the ass, big time.

now, take it from me. years ago I attempted to install the bose setup in my car, I failed at that, and in the end I determined it was not worth my effort get that junk working in the first place, and then, you are stuck with a friggen tape deck anyhow.

Like I said, if you get anything, nab the bose door panels and be on your way.

yeah, if you have a whole lota patience you could rip the entire bose harness outa the donar car, it is huge, goes from the back deck to the dash. but in the end you would have a subpar BLOWSE setup.

bose 1ohm speakers, WILL toast almost any headunit you throw at them.

making a aftermarket HU work with the bose equipment is a pain in the ass, big time.

now, take it from me. years ago I attempted to install the bose setup in my car, I failed at that, and in the end I determined it was not worth my effort get that junk working in the first place, and then, you are stuck with a friggen tape deck anyhow.

Like I said, if you get anything, nab the bose door panels and be on your way.

well i am gonna use the door panels but the problem is they are grey and i can't seem to find any interior dye that will match the factory bloodbath red

ah I was thinking you had a gray interior for some reason. i had a helluva time sourcing the red bose interior door panels, hold out long enough and a set will come your way.

well i thought about switchen the interiors to but the white ones grey interior is pretty rough the dash is fucked carpets filthy and the headliners trash along with the driver side seat! would just be able to take the speaker pods off the door panels of the donor car and modify it to work on my door panels

To bad you are in PA. There is a good shop here in Montreal that can dye or change the intrerior of your car to any color you wish to have. I plan to do a leather interior next year.

well i am gonna use the door panels but the problem is they are grey and i can't seem to find any interior dye that will match the factory bloodbath red

That's a new way of describing that color! ...'and now, ladies and gentlemen...we present the new Lumina interior color option "Bloodbath Red" for your neighbors to envy'

That's a new way of describing that color! ...'and now, ladies and gentlemen...we present the new Lumina interior color option "Bloodbath Red" for your neighbors to envy'

haha one of the other memebr came up with that so now thats what i call it

Why bother switching to bose, with all that aftermarket, get something worth it. Who know you do all that work, then find out something dont work then you gotta find new parts, etc, etc. Im glad mine aint got it.