Z34 Fuel Gauge Issue

z34mightymachine

On my Z34 if the gas is at a 1/2 a tank and I turn left or I apply breaks when I need to stop the fuel gauge will go down to the E and then it will go back to were it left off. Can someone let me know if this can be fixed.

Its really annoying after a while. But its kind of Funny :gr_grin:

Has anyone figured out what it could be or has anyone fixed this issue before ?

My dads 1985 Buick Lesabre collectors edition used to do the same thing. :lol: :lol:

My Cutlass did that, and my 94 silverado is horrible for it as well. My 89 never does it cause of the digital gauge, and my 2000 seems to be pretty steady.

My Cutlass Ciera did that, my Camaro Does that, my Lumina z34 does that. pretty much anything pre 96' GM will do that.

My Lumina gauge is accurate to half a tank..then it bounces...and once it stops bouncing and is firmly planted in empty erritory you better fill up quick!

Well I guess I will have to get use to it. Thnaks Guys. First I will start by solving my shifting issue in 2nd gear.

You could try some good fuel injector cleaner it might help, otherwise its pretty much a common problem. Aside from replacing the fuel sender chances are nothing is going to change.