94 cutlass no heat

rossg

I have looked at the posts but I need some help with this.

I have a 94 cutlass convertible with climate control. On a recent trip I noticed the car would not blow heat. the a.c. blows ice cold but the heater door does not open to get heat from the heater core.

I pulled the motor On the door pulled it apart and checked the motor the motor works but I don't know if the board on the motor is ok.

I have come across posts about soldering pins on the controler but there is no pics. Thats fine but i don't know what pins to solder.

I am looking for pics or links to wireing diagrams diagnostics any thing to help me solve this problem. I just changed the t stat and I know heat will come out if you open the door manualy. So the problem is in the motor or controler.

DSC04645.jpg

DSC04646.jpg

1 post is enough, if someone knows how to help you, or feels like helping you in most cases, you will get a reply :) hope you get it figured out.

well dash is apart don't want to drive car till I figure out whats going on and no 1 has responded to the first post. so I figured posting it somewhere else wouldn't hurt.

I'd have to check what kind of signal the controller sends to the motor but that would be the first thing to check. Both the automatic climate control AND the motor are susceptible to this kind of failure.

I'll try to get a wiring diagram posted tonight.

I'd have to check what kind of signal the controller sends to the motor but that would be the first thing to check. Both the automatic climate control AND the motor are susceptible to this kind of failure.

I'll try to get a wiring diagram posted tonight.

thanks I would like to figure out what I can put back together so I can drive the vert

• 4 months later...

Don't know if you ever fixed the problem, but the same thing happened on my '92 Cutlass Convertible. I had to replace the Electronic Climate Control unit. I replaced the actuator as well, but the problem was with the main ECC unit. Typical problem.