Unpluged wheel speed sensor!!

Panopticon

Well as everyone probably knows i have the PMIII ABS system. Well i was doing an oil change the other day and I noticed one of the wires to the speed sensor in the caliper is just dangling there!!! What adverse affects will this have on my braking system? Right now my accumulator is shot and the MC housing is cracked and leaking fluid. Im trying to save every penny for another MC but....IM a poor starving student. Right now I have very low boost, but other than that braking seems normal (never braked hard enough to engage abs but i assume with such low boost it wont work)

my main concern is that wheel speed sensor when i replace the MC.

P.S. I was bored so i taught myself Javascript. Tell me what you think! http://www.angelfire.com/indie/accord

Well, the wheel speed sensor you are talking about is the sensor that the ABS monitors to see if it is locked up or not.

If the wheel speed sensor is disconnected then the ABS won't know if the wheel has locked up or not and so it won't engage the ABS.

Basically you are just using the conventional braking system.

I won't be driving a car that has a leaking brake fluid.

yah i really hate having to drive it with such shitty brakes, but GM wants $4200 and CT wants $1000. I just paid tuition, so i don't really have a choice.

converting to normal brakes is easy, just unplug the ABS fuse... but if his MC is leaking, then he's kinda SOL until he replaces it....

No I mean NORMAL brakes, like getting that piece of shit million dollar Powermaster 3 out and putting in a w-body master cylinder and vacuum brake booster

yah i should be able to just swap in a vacum boost setup, unplug all the abs stuff. But the mounting might be tricky, plus i havfta find a vacum source...my grandpa (one loaded mofo with a sweet brand new monte' ss) might lend me some cash.

converting to normal brakes is easy, just unplug the ABS fuse... but if his MC is leaking, then he's kinda SOL until he replaces it....

No I mean NORMAL brakes, like getting that piece of shit million dollar Powermaster 3 out and putting in a w-body master cylinder and vacuum brake booster

oops, my bad :oops:

but I think I should do that.... since I hear this "shhht click" and my lights dim, then my ABS light comes on....

mine is getting so bad the pump comes on and off when holding the brake..like "cliiiick" ~lights dim~ "cliiiiiick" ~lights dim~ Like the bulb just can't hold the smallest big of pressure anymore. I'm checking out a scrapyard this weekend. Hopefully i can finally find one.

mine is getting so bad the pump comes on and off when holding the brake..like "cliiiick" ~lights dim~ "cliiiiiick" ~lights dim~ Like the bulb just can't hold the smallest big of pressure anymore. I'm checking out a scrapyard this weekend. Hopefully i can finally find one.

do you also get an insanely stiff pedal every once and awhile?

all the time man. I basically have no brake boost. You can really feel the boat...err car's weight without boost. Its getting so bad i've started driving my winter beater till i get it fixed.

lol, I hate ABS with a passion, a lot less problems with non-ABS brakes :lol:

power assist is kinda annoying.... since for it to work it's best, the RPM's need to be high :lol: