Going up hill, no interior fans. . . . .

Breakdown

I don't think that this is ground breaking, but it is very hard to search for.

It is normal for a W-body to lose all interior fans on a steep incline while at 75 MPH or so (highway driving), because mine cut out entirely, whimpered on again and then were fine. The way back, same thing, but they didn't die entirely (southbound hill wasn't as steep). Didn't seem to matter AC on or not.

Looking for feedback or similar experiences, Thanks,

With your knowledge I'm sure you knew they didn't just switch to the floor vents because of a vacuum leak?

And mine hasn't lost its fans while traveling on the bigger hills of the very hilly Oklahoma plains. :rolleyes:

With your knowledge I'm sure you knew they didn't just switch to the floor vents because of a vacuum leak?

And mine hasn't lost its fans while traveling on the bigger hills of the very hilly Oklahoma plains. :rolleyes:

I used to have that happen, and always thought it was really weird. Then I found that my vacuum hoses were rotted to hell and broke off in little pieces when I tried to remove and replace them. oops...

that's funny cuz I was just about to post the same exact thing, I noticed this today on the way to my friends house. I think maybe it could be a leak or there just isn't enough vacuum while accelerating uphill...

I had to replace all the vacuum hoses and the valve the 3 or 4 hoses connect to, they were really dry rotted, could hardly bend the lines without them shattering.

i put in a new blower motor on my friends 02 gtp. his fan would not run unless he hit a bump in the road ,then it would start. finally when i looked at it ,it wasn't working so i hit the bottom of the motor and it started. so we put in a new blower motor and no more problem.

I would say one of the lines going to the vacuum ball has broken and or dry rotted. I hate the same thing happen in my cutlass and what i did was reconnect the plastic lines with a little rubber hose, and it has been working fine now for years.

Supposedly the vacumm ball itself goes bad and leaks too. I replaced mine with a new GM unit. (this is the big ball behind the driver's side fender). but yea, definitely a vacumm leak somewhere.

From what I've read and searched about the floor "issue" a while ago, the vacuum check valve goes bad quite often. Too bad I forgot where it was. I decided that if I was flooring it, I wasn't using the AC, and thus, the windows were down.

the check valve is near the battery, which is why my lines were shot, because at one time or another the battery went and took a shit and everything was rotting away that was near it.