Best Parts to use for the DOHC

fleetwoodguy79

What motor oil is the best to run in the DOHC? Since I have new pistons and rings I've heard not to use synthetic right away. And I've been debating about spark plugs... Standard AC delco, rapidfire, or platinum plugs? For wires I would really like to have the Magnacore set, but I have no idea where to get them from since I need them by this weekend. Anyone know of where to get them from? thanks!

Id use regular oil for the first 10,000 miles, you want to make sure all the valve seals sit right. im noy sure how many miles on the engine, but if its new, change it after the first 500, get all the factory assemlbley lube and metal particals wout as quick as ya can.

-Jeff

It's not brand new. The motor has had 136k on it. But I have all new seals, pistons, rings, rod bearings, and valve stems seals. Is 500 miles the break in period on the DOHC?

since its rebuilt, the seals ate going to do the same things as new 1s, depending on where you live (how hot or cold), use either 5w-30 or 10w-30 regular oil for the first 2,000 miles, then you should be golden to use synthetic.

you dont want to switch to soon, the valves may not seat right.

-Jeff