yo 5spd people

brian89gp

Anywhere between 2500-3000 RPM.. can't remember exactly. I'd go find out for you, but I'm in colorado at the moment, lol.

where in colorado are you??? did you bring the TGP??? if so, i would like to come have a look at it.. i havent actually seen one in person, just kinda want to get a good idea of what the layout is for when i start the piping for my turbo setup.

- Justin

Good grief, at 75 MPH, my 4t60 is is barely making the motor turn 2200 rpm. I'm with Brian though, I would hate to think of how much fuel my car would drink at 2600 rpm.

Well, not to steal the thread, my 4T60-e runs about 2500 RPM's at 75 MPH. Is that normal, cause I can get about 26-27 MPG.

im almost positive mine runs that fast also. im going to be doing a hiway run tonight at mostly 75-85mph so i will post my findings. and i thought manual transmissions were suppsoed to be MORE fuel efficient??

Well, not to steal the thread, my 4T60-e runs about 2500 RPM's at 75 MPH. Is that normal, cause I can get about 26-27 MPG.

yep, thats normal, you have to remember to factor in a 2-300 rpm error on the tach though. Mine seems to read 200 high at most points.

generally, in the city is where you'd notice an increase in fuel economy with a 5 speed, because you can control the load/rpms a lot better

and, it's expected that a 5 speed will run higher rpms on the highway... they give better accel. although, generally, the 5th gear should be like OD with the auto tranny....

Looking at it the quad4 282 gearing is much better in my opinion.

http://www.brian89gp.com/other/transmission.htm

I'm cringing at all the gas my engine would suck at 2600rpm

4t60e= 2200rpm

284= ~2300rpm

282(w-body)=2600rpm (yikes!)

282(quad4)= 2300rpm

I would not have thought 200-400 RPM at a cruise would make that big of a difference. My little Celica beater runs about 3300RPM at 80 and gets 34 MPH on the highway. Do remember it is an 1989 geared to run the old 55MPH highway speeds that used to be posted. Maybe that is why the older GP 282 gear ratios were so high because of pre-70-75MPH highway speed limits? 8)

Could you imagine being stuck at 55 driving across country now-a-days? :shock:

the majority of Canadian highways are 62.5MPH, 'cept for a few in BC and the former NWT which were 56.25

now we have some that are 68.75MPH.... I want an 80MPH highway dammit! :cry:

Could you imagine being stuck at 55 driving across country now-a-days

i can from cali half way is mountans and most time except goin down is from 45 to 65 it sucks

but i got 390 a tank and it ran at 2600 or so at 75-80