Alarm Question. Mods if this is in the wrong section.. please move accordingly.

89GP_SE

So I have this old DEI system.. python to be exact.. not sure the model. Anyways the alarm is hooked up it all works, but the previous owner pulled the alarm sirein out.. I dont know where is was before, but I have a replacement, but I cant find any wiring scematics for the sirien wires. Where could I find these. I was told that mose DEI systems were the same, but I could be wrong. I would really like my car to chirp when arming it.

DEI's siren/horn wire is usually brown. The siren's themselves all all pretty standard- Red wire and Black wire. Put the black wire to ground, hook up the brown wire to the red wire.

DEI's siren/horn wire is usually brown. The siren's themselves all all pretty standard- Red wire and Black wire. Put the black wire to ground, hook up the brown wire to the red wire.

Guessing this would be in the engine bay, thats where most people would put them right?

Yeah, you typicaly want to mount the siren on the outside of the vehicle.

It is actually recommended to mount it behind your bumper or headlamps, that way it is not easy for a thief to cut the wire.

BTW, you should be able to test the output of the siren wire with a DMM. I would be sure to do this before just hooking up your siren to it.

Well I guess I shoulda looked before I asked. It is hooked up and works. I took the modual box out and on the back it tells you which wire does what :lol: DUH! I tested the siren before I hooked it up to make sure it worked, lesson learned, do not put your head beside the sirien wire hooking it up straight to the battery, I got this wicked ear ache now!

Thanks slick.

Yeah, extremely loud.

No problem.

BTW, was I right on the wire color? Because now that I read it, you mentioned it was pretty old, which means that the color may not have been brown. However, DEI has kept pretty much standard, hence why I said it may be brown.

Yeah, extremely loud.

No problem.

BTW, was I right on the wire color? Because now that I read it, you mentioned it was pretty old, which means that the color may not have been brown. However, DEI has kept pretty much standard, hence why I said it may be brown.

Brown it was, you have a good memory.