Scan Tool

kfahn

has anyone here adapted a serial connector to go from the ADL Connector to a laptop? Does anyone have any ideas of where to start? I do have the knowledge to write the program, it's just that i am not sure of how the connector works!

ok, is my car OBD1 or OBD2?

Well... :?

OBDI was modified after the 1993 model year for the 1994 and some 1995 models.

After that, OBDII have taken over.

That's what I know. Sorry I can't be more specific.

- Erik

Yes. On a OBI, it's a rectangle 12 port (6 x 2) plug with a plastic wall seperating the two rows.

Example: W-Body Performance - Computer Dignostics (OBDI)

On a OBDII, it's a trapazoid port and there's a gap inbetween the two rows to slide in a serial port to download the information (hard to describe, sorry).

EDIT: Wow, after so many typing classes and I still have to go back and proof-read.

EDIT #2: ...and it's worse when you can decipher youre own photos late at night... sorry guys for the mix up!

- Erik

Just make sure you read carefully since half of the info is for Holden Commodores (Australian GM's) -- your car may end up upside down :lol:

Ha, Ha, Whew, Well i almost laughed. 8)

j/j

well the pic that he has a link to is of a 6 x 2 connector, probably just typed it in wrong

Yeesh... I really can't type correctly.

I'm sorry; yes, it's 6 x 2.

kfahn, sounds like you may have the hybrid OBDI.

- Erik

well my '95 3.4 has a 12 pin connector, but the A and B terminals aren't in the right position for jumping terminals w/ a paperclip.... that SUCKS. OBD1.5 i've heard it been called. :x