What SWRC CD player will work?

w-bodys_are_the_best

Hey, I was wondering what SWRC factory CD players will work in my 91 Cutlass International. I was just going to use an aftermarket deck, I have an AIWA deck laying around that will work. My SWRC work for the climate control, so I imagine the others will work if I have the right deck, it had a SONY XPLOD deck in it when I got it that I pulled to use in the 96 when I had it, then let my brother's GF use it. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything on it. I'd like to use one as new as possible that will work with my SWRC, otherwise I'll just throw my AIWA in. I was going to swap my entire system from my Z24 into it, but I think I'll hold off on that. I don't want to get the deal to use with an aftermarket deck, I might later and get a nice Premier deck I've had my eyes on, but for now I'd like to find a cheap factory cd player.

the climate control will not work because the signal goes through the factory stereo. no aftermarket radio i know of will work with the SWRC but they do have a unit that can make an aftermarket be used with the SWRC.

the climate control will not work because the signal goes through the factory stereo. no aftermarket radio i know of will work with the SWRC but they do have a unit that can make an aftermarket be used with the SWRC.

I have the PAC SWI-X kit that you hook up to the SWRC wiring and program with your deck's remote that allows the SWRC to control my Pioneer stereo, and it does allow the HVAC buttons to work as well.

Yeah, I might possibly get the unit to make them work with an aftermarket deck, but probably not. I've never had the factory deck in it, the Sony Xplod was in it when I bought the car, and the SWRC climate control buttons all work :dunno: obviously the radio ones don't but I assume they would if i had a factory deck. I'm just looking to pick up a cheap GM (as new as possible) cd player that will work with my SWRC's if I can't find one I'll just say the hell with it, throw in the AIWA and leave it at that, the climate control ones work, so that'll have to do.

The HVAC controls worked in my '92 when I had a Sony in it. The '94s are different which is why the HVAC controls may not work with an aftermarket stereo.

WORKING Factory CD and cheap don't belong in a Cutlass vocabulary. lol

<-- Has working HVAC and a '94...

The '94s are different which is why the HVAC controls may not work with an aftermarket stereo.

I know they worked with the Sony, and I'm about 95% sure they worked with no radio in there. The radio has been out since 05 when I got the 96. I put this old shitty Sony in the 96 that came with my Z24, and after a month or so I went to look in the 91 for something (it was parked at my mom's house in LeRoy) and had completely forgot the 91 had a deck, especially an Xplod. I thought WTF am I doing with this old POS 25 watt no burnt cd playin ancient Sony in my 96 when I could have a 02-03 Xplod, and proceeded to rip it out of the 91.

Yeah, I didn't think so, but I figured I'd try finding one for the hell of it since like I said, it won't be getting the system right away, but will eventually inherit the entire system from the cav. That system has been in the 94 Cutlass, then my Z24 once the 94 was quarantined. I may also just buy new stuff for the 91, my dream in the 94 was to have Infinity Kappa all around. I had Kappa 3 way 6x9's amped at 200W each in the back, but wanted to put 4x6's in the door and 4" rounds in the dash and wire them together on the front channels of a 4 channel amp. I actually have an Infinity 4 channel amp now, and plan on doing this, or putting components in the front and using the 4" openings in the dash for the tweeters. I also have a Kicker CompVR 15" sub and Power Acoustik Gothic series 1200 watt amp running it.

So from reading these posts, I assume I can't use anything newer than 93. That really narrow it down, there wasn't much before 93 in cd players.

Holy Shit!!! these guys are nuts: http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-GM-BUICK-SYCLONE-GRAND-NATIONAL-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-EQ_W0QQitemZ110271696359QQihZ001QQcategoryZ48612QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can get a hell of a nice deck for that, and get the adapters for the SWRC's

Holy Shit!!! these guys are nuts: http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-GM-BUICK-SYCLONE-GRAND-NATIONAL-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-EQ_W0QQitemZ110271696359QQihZ001QQcategoryZ48612QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:eek: Wow thats expensive!!!

You can get a hell of a nice deck for that' date=' and get the adapters for the SWRC's

[/quote']