Firewall plate removal?

Mr_Efficiency

I have a 90 GP I'm trying to remove the firewall plate and that big aluminum block that holds the steering column.

I have already removed the entire dash, heatercore, and drive train. And i cant see what is holding this in. anyone have any pictures of this thing out so i can see where the bolts are or something.

there is a whole mess of 10mm nuts holding it in from the engine bay side, then that aluminum thing that holds the pedals and steering column. and the heater core and AC lines run right through it.

on my car with all that removed it pooped right out, on my parts car it took some coaxing before it broke its bond to the firewall.

I got all those and its pretty loose now... I had missed a few of the lower bolts on the engine side that were hidden by the sound deadener. :rolleyes:

How do i remove the booster? it dosent seem to want to budge. it looks like its susposed to spin off or something?

take off the master cyl and put a piece of wood between the posts for it, and use the wood as a lever, it turns right off. I forget which direction you have to go however.

take off the master cyl and put a piece of wood between the posts for it, and use the wood as a lever, it turns right off. I forget which direction you have to go however.

wow that is an amazing idea. wish i thought of doing it that way.

dont forget there is a locking tab you will need to pry on. after i pulled that back with the prybar i then placed the bar one of the other tabs and kept tapping the bar with a hammer to turn it. i believe it was counterclockwise.