Olds Pace Car Bumper - Wasted?

j_mezz

Suppose this guy really wasted a pace car bumper on this??? Nothing against his car but that would not be a J_Mezz approved application for such a scarce part! Hopefully he had the good sense to fabricate it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-OLDS-CUTLASS-TURN-KEY-W-TRAILER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ98062QQihZ018QQitemZ280245787377QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It's a waste because the average lifespan of a funnycar is, what, a year? Then it's gone forever. How much of that 8 seconds is actually due to the bumper?

Front.

The lowest part of the air dam is a seperate piece, his is all melded into one. I think it's a home made jobbie as well.

It's a waste because the average lifespan of a funnycar is, what, a year? Then it's gone forever.

it says it was built in 1990, so by my math that was 18 years ago :shrug:

It's a waste because the average lifespan of a funnycar is, what, a year? Then it's gone forever. How much of that 8 seconds is actually due to the bumper?

You have a couple of things wrong here.

First, it's not a funny car, more like a Super Gas, Super Comp, or Pro Stock.

And second, these types of cars last for as long as the owner wants.

My old boss still has his old Super Gas car and now uses it for cruising and car shows.

Leon

It's a waste because the average lifespan of a funnycar is, what, a year? Then it's gone forever.

That would be a good trick for a car that they say is a 92! LOL! I'm sure they got the year (of the car) wrong.

Point(s) taken though. As long as he doesn't crash it it'll be around for a while.

I'll rephrase my complaint...If it started out as a real PC bumper, and he obviously modded it for his purpose anyway, it would be a waste not to have modded a regular bumper instead.

That would be a good trick for a car that they say is a 92! LOL! I'm sure they got the year (of the car) wrong.

The chassis could have been built in 90, and rebodied as a 92.

Pretty common practice when it comes to race cars.

Leon

I only think that true wastes are either gutting perfectly good W-bodies for parts to use on other cars & little shits that get really nice cars from their parts and then treat them like crap because they are not Civic's or whatnot.

That's it, if you want to make a custom W-body car and use even rare w-body parts, I'm all for it.

Jim that was not a 88 bumper cover. Oldsmobile motorsports sold these bumper covers in fiberglass just for these cars. You could also buy a body in white just for this purpose of racing.

img073ha8.jpg