1996 GP GTP Fog Lights?? What are they?

Identity Crisis

I looked on the Sylvania site and called GM for the proper type of bulb and they both say to use H3.

So I went out and picked up a pair of PIAA H3 Intense White bulbs. And they are not at all the same type as what is in there. The ones that are in there are very long.

Ok now what is the right bulb? Could someone that has the same car as mine and did the swap tell me what you used?

Thanks

I dunno what to tell you to look for, but I can tell you what not to do! I went with Blazer tech 2200 lights, because I read on clubGP that they are "bright as fuck". And yeah, they were, for a whole month, then they started to dull and now its gotten to the point where I can barely see them over my low beams, and in the fog, they do nothing. I've even tried re aiming them.

My next fog lights will be HIDs. I'm just going to try and find some HID fogs in the right size. Q-ball posted a link to some a while back on ebay, try there maybe?

Jamie

I dunno what to tell you to look for, but I can tell you what not to do! I went with Blazer tech 2200 lights, because I read on clubGP that they are "bright as fuck". And yeah, they were, for a whole month, then they started to dull and now its gotten to the point where I can barely see them over my low beams, and in the fog, they do nothing. I've even tried re aiming them.

My next fog lights will be HIDs. I'm just going to try and find some HID fogs in the right size. Q-ball posted a link to some a while back on ebay, try there maybe?

Jamie

At least yours both still come on. The passenger side light on mine blew in less than a month. :evil: I'm still steamed about it, but because of all the work I had to go to in order to get them put on, I'm not redoing it yet. I'm going to wait myself to find some better quality setups to put on the car.

Sometime after I purchase my rotors.

My next fog lights will be HIDs. I'm just going to try and find some HID fogs in the right size.

I hope you don't plan on using those in actual fog :lol:

at least you guys had options for factory fogs. gen 1.5 lumicarlos never got them.

Beat me too it ^^^^

just take the bulb into autozone and look around

My next fog lights will be HIDs. I'm just going to try and find some HID fogs in the right size.

I hope you don't plan on using those in actual fog :lol:

For the amount I drive i the fog my low beams so the trick for me.

Jamie

My fog lights on my Lumina looked great for two years- then the passenger side one took a stone this winter and smashed the lens. I haven't bothered replacing it, and probably won't.