Outside temp sensor for 1995 GTP

1tinindian

I plan on going to the j/y this weekend and would like to know what cars I can pick from to get the right sensor for my year of car.

I have tried one from a 2000 GTP, but my temp reading is waaaaaaaaaaayy off, so I know I must need one that is compatible with my car.

Is there any technical info out there that I might be able to learn from, other than the part number and where to mount it? (I already know those two things).

I mean, how the sensor works and supplies the info to the gauge.

I hope you understand what I mean, it's just that this is all new to me, and I would like an education, of sorts.

Thanks in advance to any help you can provide to me!

Leon

this is what I got from rockauto.com

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS 1997

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS GLS 1997

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME (1989 - 1997)

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME INTERNATIONAL (1989 - 1993)

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME S (1992 - 1994)

OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME SL (1989 - 1997)

PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT (1995 - 1996)

PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTP (1995 - 1996)

PONTIAC GRAND PRIX SE (1994 - 1996)

I just wanted to update this by saying that I made a trip to the j/y today and found the right sensor in a 1997 Cutlass.

Got it home and installed and it reads exactly what the electronic sign board at the school reads.

So, with your guys help, mission accomplished!!

Thank you, Thank you!! :high5:

Leon

So how hard was it to wire up? Did you already have the pigtail hidden? I want to add the temp to my DIC but since my Cutlass didnt come with a Grand Prix dash from the factory, its gonna have to be custom also. :lol:

So how hard was it to wire up? Did you already have the pigtail hidden? I want to add the temp to my DIC but since my Cutlass didnt come with a Grand Prix dash from the factory, its gonna have to be custom also. :lol:

No pig tail, I had to run the wires to the DIC through the driverside wheel well and the into the cowl right ahead of the door hindge, then into the dash.

Really not that hard, and it works great.

The temp reading from the car matches the electronic sign board at the school, exactly, so it can't get much better than that!

Leon