Replaced TS switch and the flasher still "clicks"

SnowDrift

'93 GP - what would make the flasher still sound as if it's clicking on occasionally? The light indicator on the dash doesn't light up, but it is clicking as if the signal is operating. This happens on occasion and I notice it mostly after the switch has recently been turned off after turning. Other than this, the new switch operates perfectly.

You say you hear a clicking but the dash indicators dont light up? IF those aren't lighting up, then the outside ones probably aren't either. I replaced mine, and it makes a clicking noise sometimes. I probably over tightened a screw or something when I did it.

Assuming that you already made sure the flasher was good, it could be grounded. When I replaced mine it worked fine...until I put the steering wheel back on. Then it was all messed up. Turns out that the wires wer not plastic coated as thick as original and when I tightened down the wheel it compressed the wires and grounded. I put electric tape over the wires to insulate and all was good.

I replaced mine because of my brake lights.

When you say you compressed the wires, I assume you're talking about the ones that are shoved into the column out at the steering wheel end? Maybe I should pop the wheel back off and have a better look.

Yes, the switch works as normal all the time now, the exterior lights flash properly. The only thing I still notice is the occasional click from the flasher. Sometimes it will be a few in a row and sometimes it won't do it at all.