Olds Intrigue with red leather interior

GOT2B GM

Whatever designer at GM was allowed to put ANOTHER (cheapy) red interior in a car needs to find is position gone ASAP. That has to be the worst color, IMO.

More like yesterdays' food coming back up my throat... :puke:

When I saw this I LMAO to tears! :smilielol: :smilielol:

someone who thought that the 80's wanted to make a slight comeback.

IT WILL! :willynilly:

Looks stock to me.

I def thought that too, but is that carpet stock, especially with that heel pad? It doesn't look like it has floormats but I don't know.

Well.... it's definately a GX (basemodel), which means that it may not have came with floormats. And, all of the plastics definately do not look dyed or painted. But... leather in a GX is odd. However, it isn't often that you have a red interior without it being leather.

I still say it's stock.

That carpet is definately not stock. I've been in 98, 99 and 2000 intrigues of all guises and none of them had that carpet. Also, look at the driver side headrest...and i'm sure that Rob will agree with me, the leather should not be that loose of a fit. Every single leather interior'd intrigue that I have seen, the leather has been very tight fitting, even the cloth ones are a pretty tight fit as well.

Another thing to look at, the seatbelt buckle on the rear seat is installed upside down. That definately could not have left the factory like that. That is a safety issue.

Something else I just noticed... If you look at the passenger side window control you can clearly see that there is no marking above the switch that says "Window", which to me would indicate a dye/paint job.

The leather looks about as tight as any of the number of Intrigue's i've been in.

That, and to dissasemble the entire interior just to dye it an ugly red is a lot of work.

Ok...now I've noticed a few things... And I DO NOT understand why someone would do this to this poor car... It's neat and different but absolutely hideous! My corsica had that color interior... Anyway, if you look closely the upper dashboard, steering wheel and door sills you can tell that they are painted or dyed or w/e...if you look at the upside-down seatbelt you can almost see dye or paint on the chrome part..and some things that make it not factory...The carpet matches no other color in the car at all (GM wouldn't do that), if it had factory red leather why isn't the steering wheel or shifter wrapped...and why isn't the shifter red...(all of this would be done if it was factory...) Now I just can't understand who would go to such great lengths and cost to do this when the car is a base model and they ended up destroying it... w/e

I agree with Chris though that the leather does look tight and stock... but like I said.. who the hell would go to such great lengths to do this!? They would honestly have to take apart each individual piece of the interior...the whole dash, each door... the seats and console! It would be huge!