Service manual, HUD, DIS info.

w-bodys_are_the_best

I got my 2-part GM Service Manual for the 91 Cutlass in the mail today. While browsing through it, it's definatley worth every penny, if you can find one for your car, get it. These books are so detailed, it has an entire section on just the HUD, which aparently does have a HUD specific winshield. I can find out anything I ever wanted to know about my LQ1. I've been reading about the DIS, which is the only option my cutlass doesn't have (not sure what radio it had because it's long gone), and I want one! I thought I read in a post on here that you could use one form a 98 Regency, but in the manual it says it has a self diagnostics mode which will tell you the software version on it, and which car it's meant for, the supreme, calais, ciera, or 98. This may be old news too. I gave $26 for the books, well worth it. If anyone else with a 91 Cutlass needs info, I can look it up, scan and send it.

I forgot to mention it came with a lot of inserts in it, stuff that was updated. I didn't even need it taking the motor out, but before I drop in the other motor, I'm buying all new mounts, I'm also going to test the 3 sets of of injectors I have and use the best ones, and look in the manual and see what sensors can be tested so I can replace whatever is bad before dropping the new motor in.

Any from 1991-1994 will have the correct HUD wiring, plus K has the HUD thread in the FAQ.

1994 FSMs are hard to come by.