Look what I saw at the mall today!

EviLette

Andy was with me, so I couldn't drool over it for too long. Had to answer the typical questions "How do you know its a MacLaren?" LOL.

Anyways, all I had was my crappy cameraphone, so they are crappy cameraphone pictures.

The car was SUPER clean. Body was straight, paint was in GREAT condition (far far better than mine.) Tan cloth interior, rear buckets, automatic.

TGP001.jpg

TGP002.jpg

I wish I'd had a piece of paper, I wanted to leave a note and direct the owner to our happy little haven.

I keep pens and a notebook in my car.

I was with a friend who was berating me for checking out someone else's car.

I told him flat out that whoever owned it would be pretty floored to know someone recognized the car for what it is.. and if they don't know what it is (which i highly doubt, given the condition of the car) they would be VERY happy to have that information.

I wanted to write down the vin, but somehow had the feeling that wouldn't go over well with Andy. Besides, he didn't have any paper on him, and i'd left my billfold at home. >.<

Still pissed I couldn't get better pictures.

I'll see it again, hopefully. I'll direct the owner this way, if they aren't already a lurking member. :D

The owner would really love it here seeing how they would win COTQ just by joining.

you know... like it was said in the other thread, I guess I just can't wait til all the TGPs win so people some crying about it though.

The owner would really love it here seeing how they would win COTQ just by joining.

you know... like it was said in the other thread, I guess I just can't wait til all the TGPs win so people some crying about it though.

That's why I haven't entered mine, cuz I would do it as a joke and end up winning, and then I'd feel like the biggest ass in the world :lol:

That's why I haven't entered mine, it doesn't deserve it yet... when I get everything done to it, I will and not until then, I wana win cuz I deserve it, not cuz I have a TGP.

That's why I haven't entered mine, it doesn't deserve it yet... when I get everything done to it, I will and not until then, I wana win cuz I deserve it, not cuz I have a TGP.

Ed Zachary!

I desperately wanted to put a w-body.com note under their wiper. I just didn't have anything to write with.

There is always the possibility that it was a clone, and I wish to hell I had been able to get better pictures. The cameraphone doesn't take bad pictures, when the light isn't SUPER bright (it was 2:00 in the afternoon on asphalt right outside the mall, not a cloud in the sky.)

It was badged right though, and the paint looked original. There were a couple slight signs of fading at the tops of the fender flares, and I totally forgot to check and see if it still had its valence.

Due to the fact, however, that it had the little mirror on the inside of the driver's side of the windshield, I'm pretty sure this is a genuine TGP. If it isn't, its a DAMN good clone. Cloth interior had me scratching my head, and I didn't think to check the instrument panel either. I didn't want to be looking INSIDE their car. LOL. I felt like I was violating someone elses territory just drooling over it without permission.

Will do. :)

I honestly had to do a doubletake. We pulled up and parked, i situated and it wasn't until I was actually getting -out- of the car that I noticed the lower ground effects style to be the earlier. I just saw it was super clean from the back, had a spoiler and a badge. It dawned on me a second later as I actually started looking at the car. It just wasn't in my mind that I'd see one of them, let alone a -black- one, out in the middle of the day. Espescially not parked at the mall. LOL.

t just wasn't in my mind that I'd see one of them, let alone a -black- one, out in the middle of the day. Espescially not parked at the mall. LOL.

I see them all over(well...all over as much as you can with a TGP), I notice that to most of the owners it's just a car...lol

Just after I got my 1992 convertible in 2005, I went to Wal-Mart and coming in as I started to pull out was a pretty you black lady in a red TGP...THat car was so clean you could have sworn it just came out of the showroom. It even had the original type tires - Goodyear Eagle VR50s!

Cloth interior had me scratching my head, and I didn't think to check the instrument panel either. I didn't want to be looking INSIDE their car. LOL. I felt like I was violating someone elses territory just drooling over it without permission.

I do that all the time to see mileage on cars lol!

Thats sweet seeing a random TGP though. Ive only seen one other then mine (a red 90). But this one was for sale on craigslist so i knew id be seeing it.

I've seen two of them in town. One of each color, not sure on the years. The red one had 30 day tags on it, and I know the girl driving it had -no- friggin clue.

(Coincidentally, I've only seen ONE RPE... and it was -trashed-.)

Several internationals... I can think of probably 10 different 'verts running around town, mostly red and white... in great condition (or look so in passing.)

TGPs though... I've seen three of them in real life, so they are kind of "mythical" to me! LOL

I didn't want to be looking INSIDE their car. LOL. I felt like I was violating someone elses territory just drooling over it without permission.

I know how you felt. I came across a a '69 400 Firebird the other day and everything was MINT--the interior (I did look inside), all trim was clean, straight, paint and body flawless. It was breathtaking!

I find it flattering when others look at my car, but I don't know if eveyone feels that way.

I didn't want to be looking INSIDE their car. LOL. I felt like I was violating someone elses territory just drooling over it without permission.

I know how you felt. I came across a a '69 400 Firebird the other day and everything was MINT--the interior (I did look inside), all trim was clean, straight, paint and body flawless. It was breathtaking!

I find it flattering when others look at my car, but I don't know if eveyone feels that way.

I get paranoid when I see someone looking at my car. But around here, most people looking at your car, espescially looking inside of it, are trying to see what there is to steal. :(

Generally though, if I know they are looking, admiring the car itself, then I'm very flattered. That ususally happens though right after she's been buffed, waxed, and spiffed up... right at dusk mostly. Kind of glow-ish at those times...

Anyhow, back to the TGP. Smexiness. Nuff said. :burnout: