HELPY! no more keys ?

Addicted to eaton

Ok so I have lost the keys to my grand prix and Cutlass. (There were all on a key chain In the cutlass and now there all gone)

I'm fine with the cutlass because I have a spare. But the Grand prix never came with a spare. How would I get a key made? How much money am I looking at here? Any cheap alternative like push button start lol. :burnout: Need some ideas. The grand prix is done and now I can’t drive it. Really irritating me lol. :neutral:

Assuming the title is in yur name, take it into a GM dealership. They can make keys off the VIN, as long as no one has ever changed the cylinders for any reason.

I paid $17 with my discount for a VATS key to get cut for my bonneville, so no more then $25

Man, when I went, they wanted around $40 a key! This was for my 94 GP no less.

That makes me feel good Thanks guys. To bad I won't be getting that push button start. I was going to put it were the cig lighter is lol. Maybe some other time. I think this has ran it’s course. Lock’er’up

I think it would be fun. I would put a on/off switch were the ash tray is and the push button were the cigarette lighter is. It shouldn’t be to much wiring and would defiantly be a cool factor.

Are you guys saying it cost that much to make a copy of one you had? My brother lost all his keys to his 94 CS, took the title with VIN to the dealer and they cherged him $300 :willynilly: I've had copies made for around $25, but when you don't have it thats what they charge, unless they just completely ass-raped my brother. :dunno: That was only 2 years ago.

Anthony, do you read your PM's?

I Had A New Key Made For The GP A Few Years Ago When My Originals Fell Down A Elevator Shaft (No Lie) Was Like $25 At A Local Buick dealer. i brought in my back up set and had another set made in no time.

I have a vats key cylinder, 2 keys and the box... if you decide that you would rather re-key....

that's great, but don't you need the key to remove the cylinder?

When my cylinder went in the Bu, I had to have it drilled out in order to remove it, cuz it had to be in the on position, and my 89 did too, so I would assume his would also correct?

I did however in my 91 have a key made on the spot, in a parking lot, I called AAA and they sent a locksmith... I honestly can't remember if they covered it or if I paid, but I believe it was around $100... this was like 7 years ago. With you having VATS... that can't be done though I think. Good luck.

hmm i remember changing many on thesaturns and you had to have the key in the on position and the button on top of the column depressed into the cylinder

...or just get a new tumbler put in....anythony, you are intelligent, spend the 120 or so bucks and put in a new tumbler, they would come with a set of keys.....yours will undoubtably go bad in the next 20-30k miles or so, so why not just bite the bullet now, and kill two birds with one stone?

just IMO.