Door Chime removal on a 95+ CS?

Fmr12B

Ughhhh

How do I make this blasted thing stop "ding-ding-dinging" :evil:

Search yielded me results for Pre '95's and the chime is most definitely not on the passenger side.

Ughhhh

How do I make this blasted thing stop "ding-ding-dinging" :evil:

Search yielded me results for Pre '95's and the chime is most definitely not on the passenger side.

are you driving with your blinker on continuously :lol:

Its the door ajar chime

I'm installing my vert-pin cups and installing new visors and the door is open. My passenger side has never worked and the drivers side has been intermittant, however it's been on a tear as of late while working the car today.

So I can just unplug this white box?

pull the courtesy fuse.

So does the coutesy fuse have only one purpose, door chime, or would I be disabling other functions?

pull the courtesy fuse.

or put the key "on."

times x2!

turn the key foward instead of backwards, so it will turn on, but not turn the motor over.

mine hasnt worked for the past year, so i dont mind..

^^^

would not that make the battery die quicker??

sure, but there wouldnt be any door chime.....besides, dont you all have car chargers in the garage? :lol:

but in all seriousness, without doing major work or altercations, just turn the key the other way.

problem solved.

pull the courtesy fuse.

So does the coutesy fuse have only one purpose, door chime, or would I be disabling other functions?

interior lights, power locks, prolly power mirrors.. cigarette lighter. I think that's it.

I guess if you wanted to lose the chime sound, but retain all of the features, you could pull out the box, diconnect whatever makes the noise, and then re-install it.

an even better idea... would be to locate the wire that feeds the chime module, and put a switch on it. that way you can shut it off when you leave the door open... and turn it back on the rest of the time.

here goes. look at the base of the column. you will see several wires coming out, some are in ribbons.

Locate the ribbon that has a tan followed by a light green wire as the last two wires on one side. those wires are a heavier gauge than the other wires in that ribbon, and the light green is the furthest out. SNIP the light green wire. now either insert a switch, or some bullet disconnect/reconnect end pieces, or do what I have done... and lock yourself out of the car!

i will tell you that leaving the key on all the time without the car running is bad for the ICM, coil packs, and possibly the computer. having the key on is only meant for when the engine is already running, I just pull on the key a little while is ACC and it will not ding