A tale of a day at the junkyard (56k....why do you even get on the net?)

RareGMFan

**Let me start by saying that NO! I will NOT pull any parts for anyone from the cars below. Want something you see? The junkyard is the U-Pull-It in Aurora, IL. Have fun. :biggrin: **

So I went to the junkyard today, and I took my camera with because I'm sick of always going through the junkyard, and thinking "gee, I wish I had my camera with". Turned out to be a good call. Lots of interesting things today. We'll start with interesting non-w-body finds first.

I came across a couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees that had aftermarket sunroofs installed.

Jeep7.jpg

I snagged the button off this one. It is identical to the aftermarket button on the Gen I GP overhead console I found a couple years ago.

Jeep8.jpg

The other one was pretty loaded. Though I'm not sure what a "gold" Infinity system is.

Jeep1.jpg

And I've never really gotten a look at the stereos in these things.

Jeep2.jpg

Holy Zach Morris!

Jeep3.jpg

ZOMG!!111 ASC are traitors!!!!

Jeep4.jpg

Jeep5.jpg

I always did like these seats. They look messed up for being in car, but they also look really comfy (bit dirty, so I wasn't going to try them out).

Jeep6.jpg

This used to be an Avalanche. BTW, the Mexican on the other side of it is looking through a nudie magazine he found in the truck (no, I'm not kidding).

Avalanch1.jpg

Front seats were trashed, but the back was still in pretty nice shape save for a cut on the top of the back portion.

Avalanch6.jpg

Avalanch7.jpg

Another interesting aftermarket ASC configuration. I don't remember if this was an Intrigue, or Alero, but I snagged these buttons as well.

Olds6.jpg

I guess the most valuable thing on these stereos are the knobs? :confused?:

Olds5.jpg

On to some Gen I w-bodies:

I found a '90 GP with light gray leather buckets. The fronts were trashed....

GPBuckets1.jpg

...but the backs were pretty nice.

GPBuckets2.jpg

GPBuckets3.jpg

GPBuckets4.jpg

Also found a 'Cutty with nice rear leather bench seats...

Cutty2.jpg

...and lip spoiler/taillights.

Cutty6.jpg

Cutty7.jpg

I came across another '90 GP with what looks to be the Beretta spoiler. It's amazing how factory the fitment/contours look.

GPSpoiler1.jpg

GPSpoiler2.jpg

Don't let the way it's not flush at the front fool you. It just wasn't on properly.

GPSpoiler5.jpg

GPSpoiler6.jpg

Aaaaaand some Gen II goodies:

GM - "N/A 3800s do NOT catch on fire!" O'rly?

BurntRegal1.jpg

BurntRegal2.jpg

Interesting Buick Century....or what's left of it

Century1.jpg

Defrost side mirrors

Century2.jpg

Yikes!

Century5.jpg

Rear center flip-down console with fold out cupholders

Century3.jpg

Poor self-dimming mirror. Nice stereo, though.

Century4.jpg

"Century 2000"?

Century9.jpg

Century8.jpg

And now.......the star of tonight's feature (you'll see why in a sec)! A 2000 Monte Carlo SS. I broke out the camera for this one to take some pics of the standard issue Monte Carlo redneck stickers.

Yes, it was another victim of those non-existent n/a 3800 fires.

MC1.jpg

Too bad the homelink was a bit well-done.

MC3.jpg

ZOMG! Hang on for dear life!!!

MC2.jpg

Even as you get out of the car, you are reminded that MC's are reserved for people that are entertained by cars going around in circles for hours.

MC7.jpg

MC8.jpg

MC9.jpg

Ah! This explains the dangerous 140 mph + speeds this beast is capable of.

MC11.jpg

The fun doesn't stop there. Why not decorate UNDER the trunk lid, too!

MC6.jpg

Custom 3rd brake light!

MC4.jpg

(Here's where the fun begins) But wait! What's that under the rubble next to the 3rd brake light lens? Let me clear away everything.

MC5.jpg

Noooooooooo. That's not what I THINK it is, is it???

MC10.jpg

Let me try something to make sure. Oh HELL no! It IS! FREAKING ROOF RAILS!!!

RRMC.jpg

Just to make 100% certain that these were indeed the same roof rails as the Daytona/Special/40th Anniversary Edition GPs, and not some custom or freak part I didn't know about, I tried test fitting them on a GP sedan.

RRGPSedan1.jpg

Success!

RRGPSedan2.jpg

And while most people are aware they're all the same, I decide to silence the "different roof rails for coupes and sedans" question once and for all by test fitting them on a 2-door, as well.

RRGPRemoval1.jpg

RRGPRemoval2.jpg

RRGPRemoval3.jpg

Fits like a cheaply made in a 3rd world country plastic glove! So know we know they work on all Gen II MCs and GPs.

RRGPCoupe.jpg

And there you have it, kids. Another exciting day in the junkyard. Needless to say, finding those roof rails made my day, as those alone fetch a MINIMUM of $250 on eBay, leaving me yet again to wonder why I still work at my current job. Everything else was just a bonus. And there's more of that tomorrow (hopefully)!

Jeep2.jpg

That's the vehicle info center. Basically tells you if your in 4wd, and if the doors are open. Think of a DIC.

Definately not a radio.

And the Gold stands for total crap.

That's the vehicle info center. Basically tells you if your in 4wd, and if the doors are open. Think of a DIC.

Oops. My fault. I had 80 some odd pictures to sift through, so I wasn't sure what I was going for in that pic, or why I took it. If I actually bothered to read the buttons, it would have been obvious it was a DIC.

those dic's in the jeeps are pretty useless. tells the time and date and like chris d said showing 4wd and door ajar. the one in my moms jeep works intermittently. the infinity gold audio sucks. nothing special.

Jeep2.jpg

Definately not a radio.

And the Gold stands for total crap.

Ours in our old '94 Grand Cherokee used to piss my mom off so badly. It would go spastic and beep and scare her to death when all it was warning us of was LOW WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID. :lol: Then something went retarded and told us to service the 4WD system when the 4WD system had been checked four times and was fine. Seems like we always had to reset the date too...

I'm going to the j/y sometime this week. I'll remember to bring my camera or at least use my phone.

Some very intersting stuff there. I would have grabbed the tails and spoiler depending on price and sold them for a nice chunk of change.

The Century 2000 I think was option package on 2000 MY century's.

2000 Buick Century: Century's engine got a boost to 175 horsepower (up 15). Dual-zone climate control became standard, and a side airbag for the driver (but not the passenger) went into the Century Limited. A new Century 2000 Special Edition options package included a blacked-out grille and door moldings, body-colored exterior trim, alloy wheels, steering-wheel audio controls, and "Century 2000" emblems. The Limited's Special Edition group also included a split folding rear seatback.

It would go spastic and beep and scare her to death when all it was warning us of was LOW WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID. :lol:

Don't laugh! The DIC in my TSTE doesn't the same thing! You'll put ANYTHING in there to get that thing to shut the hell up.

Ours in our old '94 Grand Cherokee used to piss my mom off so badly. It would go spastic and beep and scare her to death when all it was warning us of was LOW WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID. :lol: Then something went retarded and told us to service the 4WD system when the 4WD system had been checked four times and was fine. Seems like we always had to reset the date too...

I'm going to the j/y sometime this week. I'll remember to bring my camera or at least use my phone.

my moms kept telling her the same thing about the 4wd. and it always reset itself too.

Some very intersting stuff there. I would have grabbed the tails and spoiler depending on price and sold them for a nice chunk of change.

That's the thing. You wouldn't make a nice chunk of change off them. Remember, there are plenty of people who want this stuff, but they don't want to pay anything for it. So by the time you factor in what you pay for it, PayPal fees, eBay fees (it's worthless trying to sell anything on here), etc. you're not left with much. Certainly not worth the trouble of pulling the items, listing them, packing and shipping them, etc. This is why I said I'm not pulling any parts off the vehicles in the pics. The things I know I can get money for on eBay are already in my possession. :wink:

The Century 2000 I think was option package on 2000 MY century's.

2000 Buick Century: Century's engine got a boost to 175 horsepower (up 15). Dual-zone climate control became standard, and a side airbag for the driver (but not the passenger) went into the Century Limited. A new Century 2000 Special Edition options package included a blacked-out grille and door moldings, body-colored exterior trim, alloy wheels, steering-wheel audio controls, and "Century 2000" emblems. The Limited's Special Edition group also included a split folding rear seatback.

I was just about to look that up. Very interesting. I didn't know there were Centurys that loaded. It was definitely a sharp car.....prior to the fire. I'm tempted to snag the headrests and dash plaque, at least.