Addicted to eaton

Ok guy’s I have been talking about it for some time. My friend told me he would sell me a 1999 Buick regal LS. It has 3800 SERIES 2, power door locks, Power windows, Power Drivers Seat, Radio Controls On The Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Tilt wheel, Dual Climate zone, Leather Seats, It needs a few odds and ends like. The piece that holds the window controls in place. It doesn’t have a cd player in it. It needs the 6x9 covers in the rear. Leather looks ok, Paint has some scratches. It has alloy wheels. They need cleaned up a bit. The wheel looks kind of nasty. Over all the car is In decent shape And I think its worth the 1,000 dollar asking price. Any things I need to know about these cars? How do the 3800 and the 3800 transmission hold up to compared to a 3100. How hard are parts to find?

the main downfall is the lower intake gaskets and intake manifold itself. they are easy to swap out with the improved designs. you can get those from ZZP.

parts are super easy to find.

i'd say its worth it if it has no rust or huge dents.

The 3800 is a great motor in my opinion. It gets decent highway mpg and has a little balls as well. If it doesn't have a million miles on it it's worth it. As far as transmission it's as good as the maintenance. Some people never change or even check the tranny fluid.

it sounds like a good deal.

check it over carefully, make sure the oil is not full of water or something!

and don't do what I do... and monopolize ALL the broken cars for myself within a 300 mile radius!!!!

and don't do what I do... and monopolize ALL the broken POS W bodies for myself within a 300 mile radius!!!!

Fixed.

and don't do what I do... and monopolize ALL the broken cars for myself within a 300 mile radius!!!!

Its hard to do lol. When i came on this fourm i was like "I only like grand prix's" Now not even a year later i have a cutlass lol and now i think like "That car is a W-Body right? Is it for sale?"

my mom owned a 99 regal ls. tranny would shift hard every now and then. the seats have NO lumbar support at all. the weatherstripping around the doors wouldn't want to stay in place. the back door panels would always come apart from the door. but for 1000 it seems like a good deal.

My dad has a '98 Regal, fully optioned and with the series II 3800 with 260,000 miles on it. We haven't had any problems with it other than it likes to leak a decent amount of oil, and we lost overdrive completely pretty recently. I'm a 3800 hater, but I will say it is a good car.