suspension got me pissed off!

Heza

ok...so i ordered my ST front coils...back ordered until Aug. 29th. (@*$!

called...not e-mailed...called Flex-a-Form to get info on the rear leaf. guy said everything's been a mess since he moved buildings. the leaf is done, but still doesn't have the damn rubber dyes done. i was gonna order the spring next week and hopefully have front and rear lowering capability by early September.

i'm so irrate right now! here i am trying to get the rear-leaf and ST springs installed so you all may see how a w-body sits with them. After numerous e-mails, Flex-a-Form finally came through with a leaf, but now everyone shows less interest because they 'want to see how it sits' before buying it. i mean shit...you beg for it, now disregard it.

i just would hate to see a company invest $$$ in production only to see nothing come out of it.

Heza....

How much are the Flex-a- form Springs.. and how much do they lower the rear..I thought Flex-a-form was making the springs for direct factory replacements for old cracked or sagging leaf springs..????

They are $300 or $350 which is why everyone is taking a "wait and see" attitude. I would be damn pissed if I paid $350 and it only lowered the car 1/2" or if it didn't fit well. You know it would be next to impossible to get a refund on it too. So I really can't blame anyone for waiting. I might feel differently if they were only $100... I'd go ahead and take the chance and eat $100 if I ended up not being happy with them.

Like I said before, I don't know why he's bothering with setting up dies and such for the rubber ends when GM sells them already-made.

They are $300 or $350 which is why everyone is taking a "wait and see" attitude. I would be damn pissed if I paid $350 and it only lowered the car 1/2" or if it didn't fit well. You know it would be next to impossible to get a refund on it too. So I really can't blame anyone for waiting. I might feel differently if they were only $100... I'd go ahead and take the chance and eat $100 if I ended up not being happy with them.

Like I said before, I don't know why he's bothering with setting up dies and such for the rubber ends when GM sells them already-made.

well...my car's gonna be a guinea pig. i will be using my car as a test model for it. he said before it should lower the rear 1.5-2". he's calling me back today to talk about it.

Maybe you can mention that they can buy the rubber blocks from GM and save a whole lot of time!

you wouldn't happen to have part #s for the rubber end bushings and center block would you Mr. Administrator?? i only wonder if the Flex-a-Form leaf has a different shape from the stock ones. hmm...

Dang, to rich for my blood if it just lowers the car. I think I'd rather pay a hundred and a half more for new struts AND coilover suspension, but thats just my .02 :D

Yeah, but at least with a lowering spring, it's guaranteed not to cause problems whereas coilovers could potentially warp and tweak the frame since it was never designed to support the load of the car there.

The only "guarantee" you have that it won't mess up the car is the word of a 20-something year old kid.

Yeah, but at least with a lowering spring, it's guaranteed not to cause problems whereas coilovers could potentially warp and tweak the frame since it was never designed to support the load of the car there.

The only "guarantee" you have that it won't mess up the car is the word of a 20-something year old kid.

true dat...thanks for the part #s. adhesive? what exactly am i gluing?

im with shawn on this to much money to take chances

id spend the money on bags or hydros for the lowered look even tho driveablity would go to shit if i had those

The adhesive is to attach the bushings to the spring.

I imagine they could come up with their own bulk adhesive, but since those 2 part #'s are usually together, I threw it in. :)

Actually, I heard bags handle quite well. I'd like to bag my car, but it'd take too much fabrication for my current fabrication skills (which is nada).

The adhesive is to attach the bushings to the spring.

I imagine they could come up with their own bulk adhesive, but since those 2 part #'s are usually together, I threw it in. :)

Actually, I heard bags handle quite well. I'd like to bag my car, but it'd take too much fabrication for my current fabrication skills (which is nada).

there's a guy on ClubGP who loaned his car out to get bags experiment mounted on the rear of his car for production ideas.

I talked to a guy w/ an online airbag shop, and he said to have the rear monoleaf bagged, I'd have to spend several grand to change the whole rearend on my car and THEN do an airbag setup, blah, I'll stick w/ my saggy monoleaf for now :D

I talked to a guy w/ an online airbag shop, and he said to have the rear monoleaf bagged, I'd have to spend several grand to change the whole rearend on my car and THEN do an airbag setup, blah, I'll stick w/ my saggy monoleaf for now :D

i frickin' wish i had a saggy monoleaf!