Side view mirror swap

jrcuttymann

Will the side view mirrors from a 97-02 GP fit on a 94 Cutlass Supreme. I kinda broke one off backing out of the garage and if I have to replace one why not both and get someting a little more stylish.

Will the side view mirrors from a 97-02 GP fit on a 94 Cutlass Supreme. I kinda broke one off backing out of the garage and if I have to replace one why not both and get someting a little more stylish.

well... they are supposed to be CS only, but you might find a gp or regal mirror will interchange, provided you use the triangle base surround... and stick with the triangles from a car with the same number of doors as yours...

some A**hole broke my mirror off my car when my wife and i were in the store and placed it on my windshield cowl and drove off without a note. Now i got a euro one but i just got to mount the knob.

97-02 GP mirrors won't fit, the base on them is attached to the mirror itself and The triangle is much different, I tried when I was looking for a replacement mirror for my car.

1st gen GP mirrors will fit if you get the triangle base along with them. I know this because I have cutty mirrors on my 95 GTP

Jamie

the cutty mirrors use the same 3 holes to mount. i used a CS mirror on my lumina for a while till i replaced it with a correct mirror following a hit and run.

basically, to use use a regal or GP or Lumina mirror, you need the triangle bezel surround from the donor.

also... if you want power mirrors you must get ones from a GP or regal.

additionally. mirrors were made of metal and plastic. i recommend plastic as they will breakaway if struck, rather than destroying your door. the change over from metal to plastic was around 1992 it seems.

The Cutlass metal mirrors are a different shape than the plastic ones. The metal ones are more round/tapered while the plastic ones are slightly more boxy shaped. I'm not sure if anyone ever noticed that. :)