92 lumina z34 at local dealer

AL

i saw a red z34 at the dealer today and its got 177k on it and there asking 4000 for it... way to high i no... but the key doesnt unlock the drivers dide door (needs wd40 in the key hole) and the passenger door is hard to open (handle needs adjusted)... but it has american racing rims that look really good on it... the drivers door panel is loose... the salesman that talked to me worked with the guy that traded it in, gave me his name, and said he bought a g8... i dunno what to offer on it or if i should even get it... any advice?

haha.... I paid $2500 for my 93' z34 with 98,000 on it FOUR years ago. so take that for what it is worth.

Paid $500 fotr my 93 Z couple years back. Then again it needed a Engine and I spent twice its worth in parts alone. HAHAH :lol:

BTW got some new pics of you Euro?

when i traded in my 91 Z34, the dealer marked it at $2500, and it was in much better shape than that.

i'd keep looking. i bet they would be offended if you offered what it was really worth.

from a dealer with the problems you stated and the mileage and who knows how the drivetrain is, wether it leaks fluids or even runs/drives well, i wouldn't pay more than $1K. and thats if the drivetrain is in excellent mechanical condition with no leaks. same thing with the interior. for that price the car should be in showroom condition lol.

yah... i drove it and it "felt" strong so ill see if they will take 800 cash... if not then ill keep looking elsewhere for a daily driver

Theres probably no way in hell they will take that, but it is what I would offer too. Dealers always want way to much money for junk (not saying this car is junk, but you know what I mean).

so i looked up kbb and nada values and they were both around 2000 and i told the guy that and he said "sorry but were firm on the 3990 price we have it marked at" i said bye bye

they called me and said they looked up the value and found out its worth 2865 so they priced it at 2990 and there very firm... i laughed in the guys face... and yes a 92 lumina with 177.5k miles... which its actually in pretty decent shape... no door dings or anything except the panel under the rear taillight is bent

so i looked up kbb and nada values and they were both around 2000 and i told the guy that and he said "sorry but were firm on the 3990 price we have it marked at" i said bye bye

:lol2:

with that amount of mileage it isn't worth more than a grand at most, perfect shape or not. aren't the timing belts on the dohc supposed to be changed every 60k? who's to say that it needs to be replaced and you drive off the lot and a week later the timing belt brakes. that dealer is outta their mind to try to get that much for that year and mileage.

holy shit i paid 1600 for my z34 with onyl 79,000miles on it even though its turing out to be a mistake with how many problems that are showing up on it