Good high temp paint for exhaust?

AWeb80

$20 A Foot For Straight Stuff...Bent Lots Is More... I Don't Have That Kind Of Money.

Well for you car I would go balls to the wall for it.

VHT, Por-15 makes some good coating, any engine enamel should do what you want. Otherwise a high temp powdercoat or ceramic coating.

NONE of the paints/coatings will help unless they can be baked properly.. Doesnt matter what brand type you use. If it doesnt have instructions on how to bake it or it cant be baked, then you dont wanna waste your money on it

NONE of the paints/coatings will help unless they can be baked properly.. Doesnt matter what brand type you use. If it doesnt have instructions on how to bake it or it cant be baked, then you dont wanna waste your money on it

Ok, Thanks Bob. I'll See What Is Local And Go From There. I'll Just Use My Mom's Oven To Bake It.....LOL

hopefully you dont use the oven she cooks food with, otherwise you will have some smelly food and very very sick people :wink: :lol:

Seriously? PISS......Well, I Do Suppose It Would Expell Fumes As It Bakes.....how about a propane grill.....i could blast it on high for a while after i'm done.....just no way to monitor the temp though while baking.....

send it out for ceramic coating. an oven wouldnt be big enough for a DP.

but there are people that have a oven in their garage for coatings. you can find them real cheap or free on craigslist.

oh and

http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/vht_high.htm

What....the DP is only ~2 ft long and 2.5" Diam....an oven could easily fit taht.....

I need to have this made and painted in one day.....I can't wait

All the POR15 High temp paints have to be heated up to 300*F (150*C) before they meet their full "harness"

I'm pretty sure this is the case with any high heat paint. This is what the VHT paint looks like after 1 year, was not baked. (hopefully the pic attached, photobucket is down)

My father uses my mothers oven to bake car parts he paints all the time. Only when shes not home though, lol. None of us have ever gotten sick from it.

Jamie

send it out for ceramic coating. an oven wouldnt be big enough for a DP.

but there are people that have a oven in their garage for coatings. you can find them real cheap or free on craigslist.

oh and

http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/vht_high.htm

x2 Thats what a buddy of mine did. Got a free oven off Craigslist and put it in his garage for all the powder coating he does..

All the POR15 High temp paints have to be heated up to 300*F (150*C) before they meet their full "harness"

I'm pretty sure this is the case with any high heat paint. This is what the VHT paint looks like after 1 year, was not baked. (hopefully the pic attached, photobucket is down)

My father uses my mothers oven to bake car parts he paints all the time. Only when shes not home though, lol. None of us have ever gotten sick from it.

Jamie

Did It Ever Smell Bad In The House From The Paint Curing?

Jamie

Did It Ever Smell Bad In The House From The Paint Curing?

Yeah, but it disapaits in a few hours, thats why my old man does it while moms at work or something.

Jamie

Yeah, I definately would not bake any of the coatings in your personal oven.

And, more times than not, I've seen the "high temp paints" sold at parts store burn off just after the first few times of running the vehicle at normal temperature range.

IMO, do it right, or don't do it.