hood louvers....need(well don't really NEED) opinions

intern8tion9l

ok so i have a pair of z34 louvers, and a pair of tgp louvers; one of them is going on my car. i think i like the look of the z34 ones better, but the tgp ones are more of a rare item, and it could be kind of a little tribute or something since i'm running the tgp engine. i also think the tgp ones would be easier to make fit and look decent. thoughts?

The TGP ones would look better IMO. I wouldn't put either on though.

Yeah, in all honesty, I think it would be no contest with the tgp ones on there.

That would free the z34 ones to go on the doors or fenders. think about it.

The TGP ones would look better IMO. I wouldn't put either on though.

Yeah, in all honesty, I think it would be no contest with the tgp ones on there.

That would free the z34 ones to go on the doors or fenders. think about it.

:lol:

I would definately put a set on the fenders. Make sure they are functional.

Better yet, mount a set on the lower valence. Probably would keep the trans cooler!

Ok, to get back on topic, my question for you:

Do you have the availabilty to have the louver's flush mounted? If so, I'd do the Z34. If not, I'd do the TGP.

I would definately put a set on the fenders. Make sure they are functional.

Better yet, mount a set on the lower valence. Probably would keep the trans cooler!

:high5:

Ok, to get back on topic, my question for you:

Do you have the availabilty to have the louver's flush mounted? If so, I'd do the Z34. If not, I'd do the TGP.

the reason i picked up the z34 is cause i wanted them flush mounted and molded in.....if the hood material and the louver material can even be welded together. and i for one am no good with a welder

i didnt even know they were steel. it would be easier to put a few tacs in there with a tig and then grind that off and bondo the rest. I wouldnt really weld a bead around them, since im assuming they are much thinner than the hood material and thats getting yourself into a whole nother bag of potato chips.

I can't quite remember what material they are made of, but high temps on them are definately a weak point.

they are indeed metal, i just dont know why you wouldnt use the drip pans and just screw them straight to the hood. The hard part would be putting the holes in the hood, attaching them would be a piece of cake. just make sure you dont get too long of scews and go through the hood.....