92GPSpeeder

Well I am looking to get those put into my car and not wanting to mess anything up I decided to try and get it done professionally, I first talked to my local mechanic who said he couldn't do it, and I didn't have the body control module I need, then I called a local Pontiac dealership and they said the car wouldn't be wired and have the computer for them. Where should I go from here? Are they right?

My car is a 1992 Grand Prix SE

I need any and all help, thanks in advance!

Also if you live near SW and could help with an install you would be my hero!

92 GP SE.

No BCM in the car.

and you *should* be prewired for both the DIC and HUD.

If not, its basically just a matter of tying into the appropriate wires behind the cluster.

I added both the DIC and hud to my 1992 GP SE as well. Gearhead saved my butt on the DIC. It's all plug and play! DIC was a PITA though. Come to an ontario meet and I'll do it for you. :mrgreen:

Yeah not hard at all. Me and 1LoudCutty adding HUD and DIC (well I added DIC anyways :lol: ) into our CS which dont come prewired at all. Its just all about splicing the appropriate wires together which is just time consuming.

For the DIC installation into a 88-93 GP, I dont have to cut ANY wires!!.. I just slip the entire DIC Harness into the the car from the C200 Connector to DIC end connector... I cut no WIRES!!! Again it is a matter of knowing how to access the C200 connector and disconnecting the DIC Harness connector to C200.. (The C200 Connector comes apart, to which you can pull every sub connection out of it much like computer server racks.. )

The HUD, you do have to tap into the wires, because the HUD does not have a dedicated harness. The DIC does.

The HUD/DIC mod is probably one of the easiest modifications you can do to these cars. Go for it. There's plenty of people here who could help you.

Good news I found someone to help me, he is my girlfriends neighbor, and he does great work on cars, mainly mustangs, but he can see the light side every now and then. About mid-August we plan on doing it, that is when he will be free, and I can go a day with the car down.