unibody woes. something to watch out for

rockfangd

just thought i would post what i found on one of my clients cars tonight, i was going to fix the sagging parking brake cable and i found this (explained why the abs light was on lol), this happened to my car a few years back but it wasnt this bad

this is a 1996 olds cutlass supreme 264380 miles

these are pics of the driver side

she limped it home with a bad alternator and when i went to pick it up with a charged battery it sounded like the back wheels were going to break off, besides the blown strut mounts lol,

If there is any plus the alternator was good

these are the passenger side

Dont mind the cell pics The passenger side is broken too but it just so happened to be up in the hole when i got the pics lol.

classic hint to this problem is when the back door sills are either gone or very holey

OMG.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. I won't be around my car when the suspension goes on... I want to be able to sleep at night, I'm sure of it.

That's horrible. Is she junking the car, or is it salvageable?

One thing I don't have to worry about...:leaving:

Me either! If I lived up north, I would find something that was already in rough shape to drive daily.

Here in Newfoundland they use alot of Road Salt, So this is a VERY common problem for W-bodys. Especially 1rst Gen Lumina 4 doors For some Fucked up reason.

Jay, my CS looks much like yours underneath just with a little SURFACE rust and nothing more..

buying a South Carolina car FTMFW!!!

I had to drive it through the winter last year, but it wont see snow again anymore. Fricken Lake Effect snow and all the salt can kiss my ass, she's stayin in the garage all winter :high5:

Doesn't anyone remember z34_nut's white Z34 he had? Right before he sold it, same thing happened to him.

I remember it and remember him posting about this same issue.