alphagtp

here is the thing: I went to the junk yard and found a GTP just like mine, I don't know what year. I got the door and installed it on my car. Here is the problem, when installing the other door, I realize that there was some extra wires from my car

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

I cant find where they came from or where do they go, I found out that the interior lights dont work, nor the side mirrors or the door locks. They work wit the key fob though. Even the window switch was different(I guess) the one from my car didnt worked with the new harness. I luckily had the switch from the other car. Why is all this? How can I fix it??

well the harness that I got from the junk yard was from a 94-96 GTP with the same options as mine as far as I could tell, sadly I trew away the old one and is gone. If you notice on the picture those wires are coming from under the door sill, also the mirror had two plugs and the new harness had only one??

and evilette, yeah the covers are all red but I spent a good amount of time collecting/hunting those at the jy's :wink:

here is an update:

The problem of the inside lights not working was a blown fuse. :redface: (first thing I should've checked)

I don't know the exact year of the car I got the harness from but it is definetly different, the wires that I have on the picture above are included in that second wiring so I have no idea what's is going on, everything seems to work as normal though. I just have an empty plug.

Now a new little problem I have: my alarm sistem was connected to the original harness to one of the white wires and the other one to one of the blue wires. On my new harness those wires are in a different position, wtf?? I tried finding them wires just by looking, guessing and matching the wires and I got one to work(to get the alarm armed/doors locked) but the other one I still cant(get the doors unlocked by the alarm) :rolleyes:

the 2 harness wire setup for the mirrors is for the external lighted mirror switch and the single mirror plug harness is for the one with internal lighting in the switch