It has always pissed me off that...

gmrulz4u

..the way they designed the rear bumber of my 89 Cutlass makes muffler and extension pipe options almost non-existent.

I find it hard to believe that everyone here that has an 88-91 Cutlass is just using the regular stock muffler extension etc...I hate how the stupid extensions are in an "S" shape and have to curl downward to avoid the long strip of metal underneath.

I have two stainless steel extensions that I have been using for a few months...they stick out about half an inch from the rear bumper and look really good, but of course they're so damn close to that peice of metal underneath the rear bumber, that everytime I go over a bump, I can here them BANG up against it...

I mean, what the fuck are we supposed to do if we DON'T want to use OEM mufflers and extensions!?? It's like I have NO choices when it comes to my exhaust...stupid places are always like "oh, well that's not possible, there's not enough clearance etc..." I'm sick of it...

Anyone understand what I'm saying??

THANKS!:)

Not Really?? are you talking about adding Tips on the end of your Muffler??

if so its Easy to Drop the muffler so it will not Bang with the tips..

just get a peice of HD wire {ex Wire coat hanger} and wrap on the the Hanger then pull the Rubber down and wrap around that...and poof 2 more inches of Travel...

that is if I am reading what you want Right??

I dont have that Problem with my STE my bumper Clears not that it matters anyways because my oval tips Are Resesed about 1.5 from the plastic on the bumper and it hangs low enough where I dont have to worry..