P/S AIRBAG delete/switchable setup.

Crazy K

yeah.... this is dangerous...

here's the goal:

to delete or make switchable the 95 P/S airbag in my 95 sedan. like the 99 sierra pick-up, which has a key operated on/off passenger airbag control, I would like to investigate doing the same in a 95 sedan.

I understand a resistor mod can be done to allow a bypass mod in some cars, replacing a defunct airbag with a resistor to tell the computer that the airbag is "ok".

granted... switchable may mean I have to physically plug or unplug the connector and the bypass resistor...

thoughts?

First you need to know how the airbad module communicates with the airbag diagnostic and triggering system (should be PCM controlled I think)

Honestly, just leave the airbag alone, or remove it and pull the airbag warning light out (very very illegal!!!)

Anything you do to modify the airbag system on your car is very illegal and dangerous. I dont see why you want it switchable

No it is not illegal. As long as either the airbag dash bulb is removed and the airbag appears unmodified or there is a label on the door jamb stating that the airbag has been disabled, it will be legal.

The airbag in my van is NOT functional. I removed the clock spring and bulb and it passed inspection just fine.

Laws very from state to state, and even the last I looked, federal law prohibits tampering with airbad systems...

Modifying IS tampering as far as the govt is concerned..

I still dont see why he wants to make it switchable...

i honestly would not mess with it but if you have to disable it i would pull the fuse, airbags are one thing that can have some bad consequences when tampered with

WELLL........................... Hahahaha, he just likes to talk, and talk, and talk, a lot.

I like to talk to, or is he ones of those really really annoying people who wont let you get a word in edgewise

He'll ask you a question and answer it before he finishes...:lol:

Nice, sooo, basically your telling me he is a weirdo that prolly doesnt have any real friends so he yaks whoevers head off that will put up with him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asses!!!! LOL

I have my reason. Someday you will understand. someone might even have a guess as to what i may do.

consider this.... maybe I should mix and match parts, utilizing the hardware, sensors and wiring from a 94 to render the d/s airbag operable, and have neither a p/s airbag, nor 95 model year airbag system components whatsoever in my 95 dash.....

lol

or................ you could just leave it the fuck alone and all will be good :lol: :lol:

Dont you have a non-running car you should be working on instead :lol:

lol

or................ you could just leave it the fuck alone and all will be good :lol: :lol:

Dont you have a non-running car you should be working on instead :lol:

I... CAN'T leave it alone. the car kinda isn't going anywhere till it gets un fubared.

I'll vote for leave it alone as well........

....however.... if you decide to do this you MUST get it on video of you firing it up for the first time...

"Hi this is crazy K and...... *poooooooom* I just blew up my airbags"

I'll vote for leave it alone as well........

....however.... if you decide to do this you MUST get it on video of you firing it up for the first time...

"Hi this is crazy K and...... *poooooooom* I just blew up my airbags"

DEAL!!!

why not just get a dummy cover?

uh...

I would like the drivers airbag activated, but not the passenger airbag. unless there is a passenger and i like her?

unless there is a passenger and i like her?

You're assuming the passenger would be female.... :lol:

I, too, am at a loss as to why you would do this...

cause I am doing a rear seat delete? I have my reasons. I am tempted to utilize the sensors and wiring from a 94 to make a dual control system, where I could select which airbag circuit is active!