Gauge pods

1uvakind

So I am getting some 2 1/16" gauges (this is the standard gauge size), and I haven't seen any pods available for the A-pillar for my car.

Has anyone seen any for my car (1989 Olds Cutlass Supreme), or does anyone know of another car which has the similar A-pillar where it would closely fit, I can then modify it with fibreglass and repaint it.

I want to be able to fit 3 gauges in the A-pillar, something similar to this style here --> http://www.dakotadigital.com/Detail.cfm?Category=102&PartNumber=FP3-01C-PTC

ya i saw that post, it was a guy named eclipse5302 or something, i sent him a private message, but that post was there some time ago, and i don't know if this guy is still interested in making these, or where he is even located.

i am just wondering if there is an online shop that sells for my car, or if anyone knows of another car that is almost like mine that will be a close fit.

I heard a Mustang pod can be modified to fit the existing A-pillar. I'm not sure what year Mustang, but I seem to recall 94-98.

Close GnatGoSplat, but actually Ecplise did inform my (when I was interested) it was a Fox-body Mustang.

It already has the gerenal fit, but for great fit + finish a heat gun will be required.

- Erik

I think he meant 'heat gun'

Yeah... toooo muchhds coffevfef in thevl morninig...

* twitch * * twitch * * tweek * Need to layb off the regualerrr...

- Erik

ok sorry guys, gonna sound like an idiot. but since i hate mustangs with a passion, whats the fox body mustang?

It's the 1985? - 1993 'Stangs.

No worries... I totally understand. I'm still trying to figure out those import engine codes. :evil:

They *think* they're cool when they state B16 and 22R around me. :lol:

- Erik

Thanks, also, how hard would it be to "graft" your own guage pods to the existing trim piece, then just bondo the lines out and repaint it maybe? Or at least something along those lines maybe.

ya i was thinking of doing something like this, what i was planning is to get the 79-83 mustang pods which go over top your a-pillar trim, then cut holes in my a-pillar for the gauge wires, and fibreglass it all smooth so it looks like one piece, then paint it, and the wires from the gauges will have computer plug disconnects so i can remove the trim if needed and then just plug the gauges in when re-installing

most important thing... i have 3 different sets of the same a-pillar which i got from junkyard for 5 bucks, so now i can play around with them and still have my stock trim piece if i want to return it to stock