Rear side marker lights - 95 CS SL 4dr

DavidHowell3633

I've got a turn signal switch problem I suspect- brake lights only work if I gently pull back on the turn signal stalk.

But, in checking out the bulbs all around, I have no illumination coming from the rear markers. I checked the owner's manual and it only lists bulbs for the front markers (24NA).

Do the rears have bulbs? If so, do you know what the # is? (I'm guessing the same as the front.)

yes they have bulbs. 194. they are accesed from behind under the bumper. most dont even work lol. when i bought mine i thought they were just reflectors lol

the rear markers come on with headlights. they're not linked to the signals at all. My damn driver's side one always goes out though, it's annoying lol.

I "rebuilt" the turn signal switch. One of the tangs that clips the two halves together was a nub and had lost its hook on the right side so the brake light contacts weren't touching. After cleaning everthing up, I screwed a nut over the nub while stepping on the brake pedal. Once they both lit up, I stopped turning the nut and put a drop of superglue on the center. So far, so good.

Thanks everyone. Now, the same deal with the reverse/neutral switch since I have backup lights hot all the time. The prev owner just removed the bulbs. It never ends.

• 2 weeks later...