MotorWeek Gets Ahold of Lumina Z34 VIDEO

chadz34

SWEET!

EDIT: That's almost exactly how I feel about the car! I like the 92 seats in the '91, the 90 cluster, and the different prototype fuel injection cover.

Anyone see the STE in the background at the track?

not too shabby in the slalom lol

That was what I was thinking. I was like, "Wow, stock W-body handle like that?" Then it occured to me that this video was made before they were even available. LOL! So brand new, I guess so.

I LOVE the exterior styling on the Z's. Have for a long time, they grow on me... I just can't get past the front dash. LOL.

Still, awesome find though. I'm still smiling over the video.

Rare car too, weren't there only like 30 91 5 speeds?

Not that low, but thats a preproduction model. Hence, the seats, different engine cover, etc.

He would have had a quicker 1/4mi if he didn't smoke the tires off of the line! :lol:

My best launches involve tire smoke and wheelspin.

If you bog, it goes WAY slower.

With my old 225/60R16's (Dunlop D40 M2's), I'd usually do best with a 2700rpm clutch drop, which would spin the tires to just past 4K rpm on most surfaces.

With the 245/50R16's (Kumho 711's), I usually do better with about a 2500rpm release, which hooks at 3600-3800rpm.........because if I get too far up the 3500-4K rpm torque swell, the tires don't STOP spinning until around 5500-6K.........but even THAT is still better than bogging it off the line.

My bet is that they were usuing redline shifts...........which as we all know, is about 500rpm too high for 1-2 and 2-3 on a 5 speed LQ1.

Shit even with my shitty driving I pulled a 15.1.

even though before that run you pulled what, a 17.4? :razz:

Ya something like that. Missing a shift ftl.