Fuel Economy with a 94-95 3.4 DOHC

5speedz34

I will be honest Tony, with my ICM going bad, it's dropped a lot but generally when it's running good I am getting about 23 city and up to 30-35 highway. Around a 28 MPG average.

Stock 1994 3.4/auto in almost 4000 lb. convertible.

I have always gotten fairly decent mileage from mine, most recently when I went to Michigan last I pulled off 27.8 mpg and I had been fairly hard on the car the whole drive

How in the fuck did I miss Jay's post?!

I will be honest Tony, with my ICM going bad, it's dropped a lot but generally when it's running good I am getting about 23 city and up to 30-35 highway. Around a 28 MPG average.

Stock 1994 3.4/auto in almost 4000 lb. convertible.

WTH. If I could get that type of mileage I would be ecstatic.

I typically get under 300 miles (450 kms) per tank... 80% city, 20% highway. Although recently all highway I got about 440 miles (700kms). Seems low to me.

I had an OBD 1.5 3.4 and have an OBD 1 3.4... on the same commute to the train station, I averaged between 19.4 and 20.1 MPG (combined highway/lights) with the 1.5... with the older one, its between 18.6 and 19.0.

Truth be told, I did get ever so slightly better mileage with OBD 1.5.

I honestly never have calculated my average MPG around town w/ my 95 Z-34....but highway i'm getting over 30 at about 75mph. I drove from here (Webster, NY) to Fredonia NY and back (245 mile round trip) and only went thru 1/2 tank.

In average day to day driving I get about 19.8 (25% highway). When I go on a road trip I generally get about 23-25 on the highway.

I've never any OBD1 or 2 cars to compare it to.

Jamie