INFO QUICK!!! 1990 Olds Calais Quad 442

Maverick

If any one could share any information about this vechile that would be awesome. I just seen one down the street, and want to know as much as possible about it, befor I yammer at the guy.

Maverick

i know there was a thread about this car somewhere on here with pics and a bunch of info but now i cant find it. ive tried searching everything. shit

Um, 190 hp in a lighter car means Z34 killer. Even the 180 version is a decent performer. Unless you are shawn lin, then its slow cause it doesn't run a 13. Lookout, here comes grandma in a maxima!

Um, 190 hp in a lighter car means Z34 killer. Even the 180 version is a decent performer. Unless you are shawn lin, then its slow cause it doesn't run a 13. Lookout, here comes grandma in a maxima!

whos Shawn (the mands guy?), and Does the car run 13 stock?

man i wish i saw a timeslip from that thing

my buddy has a '91 (i believe) achieva with the 2.3 in it. his motor took a dump and he got it rebuilt. it has a 5-speed in it and is reasonably quick. surprised me the first time i drove it. it's quite peppy on the topend.

I owned a `90 442. If you know how to drive it right, it was quicker than my stock `83 Z28 with crossfire injection.

It was a little slow on the start, just getting it up to third, but it really picked up when you put the peddle down in the 3,4,5.

I put more than 160K on it befroe trading it in, and it was tight as adrum at that point. No fluid leaks, no mechanical problems. Brakes and a muffler were all I needed to keep it running.

Got rid of it because it was showing a code, forgot what number it was, but was high or low voltage to the QUAD PACK??? nobody could explain it to me and was a very expensive part, and could not be sure if replacing it would fix it, could not take the chance of having it down because it was my only ride. But the performance was not being compromized at the time. Traded it in for a `94 Supreme.

I really wish I would have kept it though.

Wow.. no blown headgaskets? The quad 4 was notorious for blowing those.

If you can get your hands on the car, do it! They are really hard to find in decent condition. There was one here in town a few years back, and it was trashed.

I wouldn't mind owning one. With 190hp, 5-speed, LSD [stock] and the light weight, you have a very quick little car. I know these cars along with the Achieva SCX [same drivetrain as the 442], they make killer track cars.

Still, 190hp and lighter, I'd rather spend the 12k on a 1998 Z28 w/ 75k miles or something along those lines. However, if you were a collector, I guess it'd be pretty cool to have.

its got a 180 hp HO quad4, in 91 they got a 190hp quad4 with the W41 package

190 HP out of a 1990's N/A 4 cylinder? Holy crap! Do you have to run alcohol in it due to it's compression? :lol:

Sounds like it could be a fun little car... 8)