Idea: A W-Body census . . . . .

Breakdown

So, here's the concept:

A W-Body census.

I posted something similar OQCGP and everyone crapped all over it. I'm not sure why, privacy issues or some non-sense. It's actually more of a survey but I digress. And notice now I used the word "crapped" instead of . . . . (I actually read the notice on the new rules).

So here goes. I have the ability to make forms. Not forums, forms.

You ever gone to those websites and they have a thing: "How did you find out about us" [Drop down box] Which state are you contacting us from [Drop down box] what is your e-mail address [blank spot to fill-in]

I was thinking of one of those with:

-Geographical region

-Number of w-bodies ever owned

-Current number of w-bodies owned

-Age (would be in ranges)

-Model of DD

-Coupe, 4 Door or Convertible for DD

-Model year of DD

-Second car Model (would have option for not applicable)

-Coupe, sedan or convertible for second car

-Model year of second car

-Favourite Gen1 or 1.5 W.

-Favourite Gen2 W.

-Favourite stock rims (we could even have pics displayed)

-Favourite comfort option: AQ9's, HUD, DIC/S, Steering Wheel Controls, ECC.

The list would go on and then be compiled . . . .eventually.

Any interest in this type of non-sense????

I should really add (should have been implied better) if you have any ideas, just toss them out there. Engine size would obviously be one, but all sorts of other sortable junk that you'd be curious about.

Also, I guess a blessing from the moderation group that it's all cool to provide the link, a sticky would be awesome, I deal in hockey websites I'm not really interested in carrying the load on any type of car websites due to lack of overall knowledge, this would be hosted there. I would also like to call it the W-body.com census, but otherwise, I'll come up with some other stupid name. Guess it's all the same.

I'm probably going to be a little delayed in starting, I have some huge website issues that I'm trying to sort through right now with two of my sites. One has just migrated and the other has to migrated as well because of a change in servers.

Sure why not.

Thinking about it, somebody should make a W-body wiki for common problems and discussions.

WTH do you think this place is? lol

It'd make it easier for new people, and reduce the number of Seafoam, Oil Pump Seal Leaks, Turn Signal Switch, Power Steering Pump threads.

Sure why not.

Thinking about it, somebody should make a W-body wiki for common problems and discussions.

It'd make it easier for new people, and reduce the number of Seafoam, Oil Pump Seal Leaks, Turn Signal Switch, Power Steering Pump threads.

The fact that there is plenty of info about all those topics, yet new posts are started rather than searching out the info is proof that it won't help. Wiki can't do anything to reduce sheer laziness, or lack of common sense.

I actually have wiki-ability on my new provider, I have no idea what it even looks like, but I'm not willing to take that on, contribute if I can, but not start. My plate is full.

Don't have time to really look into it, have to get my forums running first.

This is what I'm looking at for a census, this was for a poll back in the fall.

http://www.jrahockey.com/Interactive/2007OHLPOOL.html

Something similar, but not the same. Where it's pretty idiot proof, you just type a few things, click, select and that all, done, and there used to be a submit button but idiots were filling out the form after the season was over so I manually deleted it.

I like the idea of a wiki base cuz it is sometimes hard to find what you are looking for here.

X2

And for the census idea....I like it, I like it alot!

I like the idea of a wiki base cuz it is sometimes hard to find what you are looking for here.

X2

x3

so....asking info about your favorite w-body stuff is too private?

I'll be 100% honest, one of the proposed questions was car modded (specifically for speed) and number of speeding tickets. I wanted to know about correlation between modded car and irresponsible driving, or excessive speed.

For some reason people were worried about their privacy being invaded in other ways though, like if I know your handle if JimBob and you have a 1994 GP GTP, and live in upstate New York, that I can somehow find you & your car and others like you, and . . . .

I'm really sorry but the way many of us post on here, including myself it's hard not to invade your privacy anymore than it already is.

The one guy who complained on OQCGP went on and on about how he studied this, at the University of Guelph and during the same week he showed everyone pictures of his car, his name is on the forum and I'm here thinking sorry pal, forget about privacy invasion, I can practically steal your identity right now if I really wanted to.

The only thing that I would think of is the name Census either means or implies that it has to be done. I don't care so much if a couple of people here or there hate the idea or want to opt out, it's just it's not really worth doing if there's extremely little interest.

This is a pretty cool idea.

All of the extra facts and information would be interesting for the serious collectors and those of us obsessed....

I've always wanted to just get a consensus from the DMV of how many 88-96 GPs are still tagged. That would tell you how many of them are in reasonable driving condition, and you could get at least some idea of how many of them are left. Mine, for instance... is a baseline coupe... mass-produced, amirite?

I've seen maybe 10 of them on the roads here in Wichita. A couple in good condition, but there's a lot of the later-style b4u packages running around with a crunched fender, or missing b4u pieces. Makes me want to slash their tires. :twisted: LOL.

I wouldn't ever do that, but yeah.

On a side note, we have a local courier company called MetroCourier. I don't know, maybe its a big company all across the US.... But most of their fleet... is either dodge caravans... or olds cutlass supreme sedans. I thought that was worth noting, because as a courier, you're going to put a WHOLE lot of miles on these cars. Just another example of their utility, longevity, and reliability.

**EDIT**

Holy dogbeans! That's my 1000th post.

Sure why not.

The fact that there is plenty of info about all those topics, yet new posts are started rather than searching out the info is proof that it won't help. Wiki can't do anything to reduce sheer laziness, or lack of common sense.

What's wrong with starting new threads? It took me a while to realize that I could search back and see what's been talked about, but sometimes, threads go in different directions than you want them to go, so you don't get the information you want, and them there's new experiences that people have that can be added to the knowledge base. If you don't want to participate in what you feel is an old discussion, then don't, or, better yet, spread you vast knowledge quickly and easily by posting the link to the old discussion and be done. What I think would be better yet, and I think that this is more the wiki idea, would be to have info compiled into like an FAQ. A thread is just a thread--a bunch of ideas (not necessarily correct) strung together.

X2

X 2 !

X2

X 2 !

X get the fuck outta here n00bs!!!

X2

X 2 !

X get the fuck outta here n00bs!!!

????