1995 Pontiac Gran Prix Info

regal231

Hi,

I was referred to this forum from another member. Currently I have a Regal and I am looking to buy a second W-body.

Sometime this week I am going to look at a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (2 Door). I was wondering if there was anything in particular that I should be looking for on the early W-bodies. As far as I know, it has the 3.1 in it.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

I was referred to this forum from another member. Currently I have a Regal and I am looking to buy a second W-body.

Sometime this week I am going to look at a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (2 Door). I was wondering if there was anything in particular that I should be looking for on the early W-bodies. As far as I know, it has the 3.1 in it.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

They're great cars.

And if you get one, you need to make it look like this:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=69051.0

They're great cars.

Thanks for the reply.

That is a beautiful car. However, if I were to buy the car, the Regal would be the one receiving the attention :biggrin:.

By the way, I think I remember seeing your car on regalgs.org and I have to say that yours is very nice too.

They're great cars.

Thanks for the reply.

That is a beautiful car. However, if I were to buy the car, the Regal would be the one receiving the attention :biggrin:.

By the way, I think I remember seeing your car on regalgs.org and I have to say that yours is very nice too.

Thanks. I was over on regalgs.org for a while. I haven't been there lately though since they're mostly 2nd gen regals and I can get better help with 1st gen issues on this forum.

There's not much you need to worry about with a 95 GP. They're great cars. I'm pretty sure that aside from body paneling and the engine, everything else is about the same as it is with my Regal, which I really haven't had many problems with considering it has 180.300 miles now. I'm sure more 3.1 users will be able to chime in on engine-specific preventative maintenance you should be aware of. BTW, what kind of Regal do you have? I haven't seen you post yet in the member's rides section.

If it has the 3100, ask if the lower intake manifold gasket has been replaced, as they are prone to leaking on those motors. Other than that, there is nothing that really sticks out besides the ordinary over all inspection of a used car.

I'll second the LIM gasket.

The other things given age to ask about:

Has the turning signal relay been replaced, make sure it's working properly to start with.

Has the gas tank been replaced

Have the rear struts been replaced.

Those last three things will run you a combined $1200 if you're lucky and if they're done already chances are you won't have to address them ever again.

Thanks for the information everyone. I will definitely look for those things. Just curious, do the first generation w-bodies have issues with the ignition switch just as the second generation did.

Also, the Regal is a 97 with a L67. If I have some time this weekend, I will try to take some pictures.