Driver's side front window stuck down....

jeremy

I am 99% sure the switch is bad. Is there anyway to get the window up short of getting the new switch? I want to get the window back up tonight but obviously do not have a replacement switch at this time.

Yeah, mine was stuck down and the switch was bad. I took it to my guy that's in town and he did something to get the window back up, too bad I can't remember what he did.

You can try connecting the 2 wires to make a contact so it either goes up or down.

I have absolutely no idea which wire I would need to connect

take a multimeter and see what two wires make connectivity when you hit the switch and then make a couple jumper wires for the harness

take a multimeter and see what two wires make connectivity when you hit the switch and then make a couple jumper wires for the harness

the switch doesn't make the connection anymore so I don't see how I could find that out

mine did that for awhile, idk, it seems like it would go up for me occassionally if i got mad.

otherwise, go to GM, and order a new one, should only cost you like 30 bucks...which could be worst, could be the entire motor for it, which is prolly isnt, but still.

that is what i did when mine went bad.

I am obviously going to get a new switch, but my window is down now and I would really like it up because with my luck it will rain tonight/tomorrow ....

well then check with one of the other ones that does work, it's probably very similar enough where you could figure it out... or just try til it works, worst thing you'll probably do is blow a fuse.

that's what I did when my switch broke in the malibu anyway

I found the answer by seaching on CGP (their search feature is the worst of any forum I have ever been on)...figured I would post over here in case someone has the problem in the future

will need to jumper together the brown wire to ground (black wire), and then the yellow wire to the dark blue wire to raise the driver's window w/o using the switch. BTW do NOT touch the yellow to ground or you'll trip or damage the PWR WDO circuit breaker in the fusebox.