ATTN: All 88-94 Cutlass owners...

gmrulz4u

PLEASE do me a favor and tell me EVERYTHING that illuminates on your dash at nigh with your Head Light switch turned ON...

Specifically, if you have lumbar controls, do the little images beside each switch illuminate? Does your Fog Light Switch illuminate(NOT just the little LED that comes on when the Fog Lights are switch on, I'm referring to the actual lettering itself that says "Fog Lights"). Also, do the "RESET", "TRIP" and "E/M" illuminate at night? Does your radio controls illuminate as well??

etc..etc...

None of the above illuminate in my 89 Cutlass...and I'm 99% sure they're supposed to...

So just do me a small favor, and try to list as many things in your Cutlass that illuminate...

THANKS AGAIN!:)

Another thing I forgot to mention was the turn signal lever/arm...does illuminate??

mine dont i know that

now that i think about spending 3 days drivin my e/m? dont illuminate trip either they just white letters

oh i dont have a "stock" radio and it dont dim

my foglight switch dont light up. everything else does except the volume and tuner controls on the steering whell and the whindsheild defrost buttons. the radio controls hsould light up too

Everything from the steering wheel, fog light / audio bass control switch, gear selector panel, [stock] radio head unit, HVAC controls... everything on the dash should light up. I, too, replaced every dead bulb and it'[s great to see everything in the dark.

The turn signal switch DOES NOT illuminate.

Also, the door [power] locks should light - coupe (1992 w/ upgrade analog dash).

- Erik

The ONLY things that light up in my 89 Supreme are:

- Digital Cluster Dash(obviously)

- Clock for stock Radio

- Display on Electronic Climate Control

- A little orange bulb for the power locks

- A little orange bulb when I turn on the factory Fog Lights

That's it!!!

My ash try light don't work, the 3 buttons on the bottom of the cluster(E/M, TRIP, RESET) don't work, my PRNDL lights don't work, etc...etc...

Come to think of it, NOTHING really lights up on my dash...I believe all the lights taht aren't working are all connected through the same power source, but I can't find the problem, STILL!(read my post below)....

Brian, HOW can you be SO sure that it is 100% my Head Light Switch??? Have you had this problem yourself?? That was like that last thing I would have thought it would be...I figured mine works because it turns my headlights themselves on, and the dimmer works OK....

Let me know!:)

THANKS MAN!:)

ok these headlight switches dont take the heat very well (yours probably looks yellow) and contacts end up seaparating inside the switch. For example when I bought my '90 the digital display of the radio and cluster would stay at max brightness (daylight brighness) 100% of the time no matter what. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKED FINE. Used my multimeter to check for power to the grey? wire and it was dead (output from switch to the digital displays) replaced the switch with a new one and it's fine. You should check for power coming from the brown wire at the headlight switch (with the headlights on, max brightness) you'll see the pin location on your diagrams

OK thanks again!:)

But, one other thing:

As I understand by looking at the diagrams, the Head Light Switch is SUPPOSED to connect the 20 amp Tail Fuse to the 5 amp Panel Fuse, right?

Now, today, using my Test Light, I found that there IS power going through my 5 amp Panel Fuse when I turn the Head Light Switch ON.

So, I just want to make sure that this doesn't rule OUT the Head Light Switch as the culprit??

Let me know...

THANKS BRIAN!:)

OK, I'll check on that after work...now if the wire is "DEAD", that means I need a New Head Light Switch, right? Because the dimmer is built-into that Switch??

THANKS AGAIN MAN!:)

OK, I'll check on that after work...now if the wire is "DEAD", that means I need a New Head Light Switch, right? Because the dimmer is built-into that Switch??

THANKS AGAIN MAN!:)

yup