making a grocery list of sorts... and a trip to the shop...

EviLette

**Note to mods: This starts out powertrain, includes suspension as well.. hence why it is in general.

So today was a rather eventful day. I'm going to start this off with a statement that TWO DAYS AGO (would have been Wednesday) I called O'Reilly, told them to set out a part for me. They said, "okay, it'll be done." The part had to be set out because you can only warranty a part with the bad part, swap it out. I understand, but they couldn't send it to my mechanic either... I had to go get it. Thankfully, my mother was here in town so I could borrow her truck briefly to go do that. Needless to say, the part wasn't set out, they couldn't find it... after the guy FINALLY found the damn thing... another guy comes running up and says, "No, not that one." Apparently they've had some defective tranny mounts of our type... so who knows if the one I got was one of the defective ones to begin with. I know when it came out of the car, both bolts were broken loose.. not just the one. (She shifts much better now, though.)

We dropped my car off at the shop at about 9:00 this morning. I asked Mike, the owner of the shop, to call me when they had my car ready, or needed me to go swap out the part. Whichever happened (because at this point, he said he'd still call O'Reilly and see what they would say about it to HIM. Logically, there has to be a way to operate that switch.)

Anyhow, my mother had some running around to do, and I ended up going with her. We ended up on the side of town very close to the shop where my car was at somewhere around 3:00 this afternoon. The car had moved, so I figured they'd done something with it. I walked in and asked if the car was done. I was told by Mike that none of the mounts were bad. I asked if they'd been checked. Turns out he was going off the visual inspection of the mechanic saying they weren't bad... not trying to run through the gears or listening to what I had said.

I told the mech working on the car very clearly to put a wrench on the bolt, a finger on the top of the threaded stud, and TURN. The mount was out in five minutes. Swapped out, put back on. Done.

While the car was on the lift, Mike and i were discussing the list of items I'm having done on the beastie next... a fairly substantial list. The suspension is getting an overhaul, I was trying to get a labor estimate on it, along with figuring out what's going on with my motor sitting cock-eyed.

My engine, and apparently entire subframe, has shifted to the side. It has shifted far enough over that my strut mout on the passenger side is rubbing against my subframe. (Well, damn, that explains THAT noise.) Subframe bushings are required... which I knew were on the way.

Anyhow, Mike basically told me that since the entire spindle has to come apart to put the monoleaf in, there won't be any additional charge for parts swapped out back there... so I'm scratching my head and compiling a final list.

Subframe bushings

struts/mounts/bearings/bs

lat links/trailing arms?

What all would be left to replace in the spindle if I've covered the leaf, the links, the arms, etc.? Trying to figure out what all I want to get fixed on -this- big job.