High quality Exhaust Flex-Joints?

Brian P

Name them! I need one for a downpipe in 2.5" dia and probably 4" length. I may be able to get away with 6" or even 8" length if I relocate it, it just needs to hold up!

I know TGP guys have replaced theirs on the crossover. What brand and how well has it performed?

check the w-body store?

I didn't see any flex joints for sale individually. They claim their downpipes fit ALL w-bodies, but they really mean only 2nd gens (they just won't say that)

Most TGP guys use them from EPI Flex. I don't see the flexes listed on EPI's site anymore, but I still believe they do sell them.

http://www.epiflex.com/

Thanks, I'll contact them. I'll let you know if they have them still.

I didn't see any flex joints for sale individually. They claim their downpipes fit ALL w-bodies, but they really mean only 2nd gens (they just won't say that)

1st gens aren't actually W-bodies. I believe GM designed the true W-body ('97+) in the early '80s, then pulled a Lucas and was like, "hey, let's go back and make the prequals! We'll call them the 'first gens!'"

Just like Star Wars movies, the first gens were never fully acknowledged to be related to the originals.

1st gens aren't actually W-bodies. I believe GM designed the true W-body ('97+) in the early '80s, then pulled a Lucas and was like, "hey, let's go back and make the prequals! We'll call them the 'first gens!'"

Just like Star Wars movies, the first gens were never fully acknowledged to be related to the originals.

So we have like "Episode One"? Crap.

Yea, unfortunetly. Episode one was so far off course that no one even knew what the hell Episode 2 ('95+ Lumina/Monte) was about (There was no Episode 3, as far as everyone knows :leaving:)

GM!

i'll check my crap, i know i have a beaufitul 2.5" flex joint around here and it came right from the general in a box with a GM part number. i think i know where it is, i'll see if i can get the # off the box so you can price it on gmpartsdirect.com

GM!

i'll check my crap, i know i have a beaufitul 2.5" flex joint around here and it came right from the general in a box with a GM part number. i think i know where it is, i'll see if i can get the # off the box so you can price it on gmpartsdirect.com

No kidding? Is it like the OEM style ribbed-looking thing, or the braided type?

I have EPI Flex Joints and I would recommend them, I would definetly get the inner braid.

Where'd you get them if you don't mind me asking?

ZZP looks a bit high in price but I guess if it's good, I'll consider it. My exhaust shop normally uses aluminized steel tubing so I don't know if that would work with the welding.

I'm actually tempted to buy a whole ZZP 2.5" downpipe and modify it for my car. I'm not sure how much I have to do, but for $89 I get an assembly with a stainless flange, flexjoint, stainless pipes too. tempting.......